- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Job TitleRisk Management SpecialistPosting NumberStaff 2014001017FLSANon-ExemptLevelFull-time/ Part-timeFull-timeIs this a temporary Position?No Position Summary Information
Job Description SummaryPosition Responsibilities
- Review and prepare simple contracts, contract amendments and supplemental agreements.
- Acts as point of contact and liaison for all Risk Management inquiries, including the
implementation and maintenance of an electronic database that records all items, including:
- Monitoring and responding to requests
- Interpretation of policies and procedures
- Collection of data
- Provides assistance and coordinates with other operating units in the interpretation of contract
provisions and submittals related to contracting process.
- Handles all request for Certificates of Insurance and drafting of General Service Agreements.
- Monitors Nolij recording system, including:
- Making entries into system
- Bringing important items to the attention of the Director of Legal Affairs, Compliance and Risk Management
- Providing written and verbal internal and external feedback to stake holders
- Undertaking activities to facilitate the execution of contracts and/or payment to vendors.
- Provides traditional paralegal and/or executive administrative support to the Director of Legal Affairs, Compliance and Risk Management, including:
- Serving as the principal administrative contract liaison with all University constituents and external contracts for the
- Reviewing, assessing, routing, answering and monitoring follow-up action on correspondence
- Gathering and analyzing information required for administrative reporting
- Provides wide-ranges of support, including;
- Word processing of documents
- Composing and editing letters
- Database management
- Managing complex calendars
- Arranges meetings, appointments and travel arrangements
- Answers and routes phone calls, mail and email and a wide range of information dissemination
- Assists with other projects, admin duties, and initiatives as assigned
- Performance of the above duties require you to be at work
Experience, and SkillsMinimum Qualifications
- High School diploma and seven years administrative assistant experience in legal, purchasing or insurance industry
- Associates Degree in Legal Studies, Business Administration or related field plus five years working in legal, purchasing or insurance industry
Experience, and SkillsPreferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Legal Studies, Business Administration or related field and two years experience working in the legal, purchasing or insurance industry
Physical DemandsWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, bend and stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Clarkson is committed to complying with the guidelines set forth under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Posting Detail Information
Close DateOpen Date11/25/2019Open Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions for this PostingThis location is in Schenectady
An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Clarkson University actively seeks and encourages applications from minorities, women and people with disabilities.
All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully passing a background check (including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal records).
Reference Request Details
Maximum Number of Reference Requests3Minimum Number of Reference Requests2Posting Specific QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Academic Keys
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Clarkson Website
- Massena-Potsdam Courier Observer
- Hispanic Outlook
- IM Diversity
- Insight Into Diversity
- New York Job Bank
- North Country This Week
- St. Lawrence Plaindealer
- Veterans Administration
- Watertown Daily Times
- Ogdensburg Journal
- Employee Referral
- Alumni Referral
- Conference Referral
- Discipline specific journals
- Discipline specific website
- Times Union
- I do not wish to answer
- * What is the highest level of completed education that you currently hold?
- Highschool Diploma/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- ABD (all but disertation)
- How do you embrace Diversity? (Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed to ApplyRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- business administration