- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Clayton Road US
Plans coordinates and implements care to the adult patient in the Cardiac Cath Lab. Ensures that quality care is provided in an efficient and safe manner consistent with the unit's standards of care and demonstrates competency skills appropriate to the clinical area.
- Performs on the Cath Lab procedure team as circulator, scrub, or monitor.
- Performs in holding by ensuring patient is correctly prepped for the procedure. Ensures needed information, such as history and physical (H&P), is timely.
- Utilizes critical judgment to analyze patient assessment and administers medications on all patients, including the critically ill patient and reports abnormal information to the physician in a timely manner.
- Performs hemostasis safely and properly with or without vascular devices.
- Routinely enters patient orders and charges. Checks charges to ensure accuracy.
- Provides care of the critically ill patient with the ability to function independently in a stressful situation.
- Routinely educates patients and families based on assessed needs, documents education provided, and keeps them informed of tests and treatments. Provides clear patient instruction on what to expect during the perioperative procedure.
- Assists families to the cardiology area or cath lab area by escorting when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- One year registered nurse experience
About the company