- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- West Burlington
Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: IA WEST DES MOINES IHC WEST UNIVERSITY Job Summary/Job Purpose
The Registered Nurse - Lead provides routine patient care under the supervision of a licensed clinician. Provides nursing services to patients in a community health setting. Assists in providing education to the patients/family as needed. Responsible for the flow of patients through the medical service areas, and exercises frequent independent judgment. Performs with minimal supervision.
Key Responsibilities (list 5-8)
- Monitor the patient flow throughout the clinic areas.
- Assist Practice Manager or Healthcare Provider with clinical staffing issue within department and/or related to other departments.
- Delegate tasks to clinical staff and create the clinical staff schedules as requested.
- Facilitate training and orientation to the clinical staff members.
- Assess and triage patients for appropriate department within the clinic.
- Accurately obtain health history and rectifies medications.
- Serve as Interpreter between the patient and provider as requested.
- Administer medications by oral, intramuscular, subcutaneous, intradermal routes, IV.
- Follows nursing policies and procedures for Intravenous infusion.
- Perform phlebotomy and collects specimen for various tests.
- Educate patient and/or family on prescribed treatment regimens.
- Perform Clinical Competencies.
- Actively participates in quality improvement projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education/Accreditation/Licensure (required & preferred):
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Must have a current/valid RN license from the state licensing board.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS) required.
Experience (required and preferred):
- 2 years related field experience required.
- 2 years supervisory-level experience required.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0250220
- Schedule: Full-time
- Market: Mercy Medical Center