- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Registered Nurses deliver care to patients utilizing the nursing process.
Nurses collaborate with other professional disciplines to ensure effective patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes.
Nurses effectively interact with patient and visitors, while maintaining the standard of professional nursing.
Registered Nurses provide direct and individualized nursing care to patients based on the application of scientific nursing principles.
Due to the broad range of medical conditions they encounter, they must be well-versed in a large variety of health conditions.
Registered Nurses have a professional obligation to participate in committee activities, surveys, and improvement initiatives.
In addition, Registered Nurses must uphold the standards of the Texas Nurse Practice Act.
Critical Care Registered Nurses provide care for adolescent and adult patients with life-threatening critical illnesses and injuries.
- Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing
Minimum Work Experience
- No previous experience
- Registered Nurse
- CPR-BCLS (required before completion of orientation)
- Diagnostic & Support: ACLS (required before completion of orientation)
- NIH Stroke Scale (required before completion of orientation)
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Maintain professional appearance at all times.
- Ability to work with therapeutic equipment.
- Input data into computer programs.
- Knowledge of Nursing process and ability to deliver patient care based on standards of care.
- Ability to handle confidential information.