- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Jackson Purchase Medical Center
The RN shall perform the nursing process within the scope of his/her practice as a Licensed Registered Nurse. The RN prescribes, delegates and coordinates nursing care as well as serves as a member of the healthcare delivery team to utilize interdisciplinary input to plan, implement and evaluate care.
- Observes professional ethics in maintaining confidential information concerning the financial, personal, medical, or employment status of patients/families at JPMC.
- Must follow and enforce accepted safety practices for patients and hospital.
- Must report safety hazards and initiate appropriate action.
- Must participate in safety instructional programs.
- Performs the Nursing Process with the following: Plans, implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient. Evaluates and documents patient response, monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychological status, and takes appropriate action based on the assessment.
- Assesses patients’ needs and develops a plan of care based on those needs with the input of the patient, family, and other health care team members.
- Directs patient care, including vital signs, personal hygiene, dietary needs and ambulation.
- Assesses critical changes and notifies the Physician appropriately.
- Accurately charts with attention to medical/legal implications.
- Informs physician of changing status of patient’s condition and assists physician in assessments and procedures; known terminology, therapy, and techniques for emergency procedures.
- Charts accurate findings, utilizes the nursing process with medical/implications. Accurately controls and records narcotics assigned to the unit.
- Accurately administers medication and accurately administers IV therapy and blood products. Records and carries out physician orders.
- Admits and discharges patients, follows the established plan of care using the nursing process and a multidisciplinary approach which incorporates the patient’s correct stage of growth and development for the neonate, child, adult and geriatric populations.
- Uses and interprets cardiac monitors in specialized areas; Maintains current CPR certification.
- Performs patient care safely and follows established policies and procedures or standards of care.
- Responsible for the provision of care and operation of the specific unit and personnel providing care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Kentucky with an associate’s degree in nursing or BSN. Previous experience with acute care in all age groups preferred. Must be CPR/BLS and IV Therapy Certified, PALS and ACLS certified preferred, PEARS certified acceptable. Basic skills required include; Organizational, customer relations, the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English, the ability to follow written and oral direction, math, grammar/spelling, and computer training. Job
Please select a valid job field Primary Location
About the company