- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- West Burlington
Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: IA WEST DES MOINES IHC WEST UNIVERSITY GENERAL SUMMARY: Utilizes expert knowledge and team work to facilitate cohesive efforts to achieve optimal outcomes in providing for patient population. Provides professional nursing care for hospitalized patients following Iowa Heart Center (IHC) established standards and practices and within the hospital guidelines. Performs clinical nursing education and quality assurance functions as assigned.
- All IHC RN Hospital Services essential functions.
- Serves as a liaison between IHC and hospital departments and all patient care areas as well as assigned IHC departments.
- Assists Vice President (VP) in development and implementation of department policies and procedures.
- Organizes orientation of new employees, outline orienting staff's responsibilities, assess new employees progress throughout orientation, providing VP appropriate feedback.
- Audits clinical charts for documentation and clinical assessment as directed; assists in assigned documentation audits for compliance with Medicare guidelines.
- Prepares weekly schedule of nurse assignments, coordinating physician services and nursing coverage based upon physician's weekly schedule, nurses' monthly schedules and department needs. Communicates changes in schedules and assignments with hospital nursing staffs.
- Assists with completion of Death Certificates to assure compliance with State regulations.
- Assures hospital/clinic work is completed. Notifies physicians of coverage needs, helps coordinate assistance to IHC nursing staff to assure completion of duties and help reduce overtime. Notifies VP of concerns in coverage or other clinical staffing issues. Trouble shoots coverage or clinical situations to assist flow and performance of clinical duties.
- Acts as clinical resource.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Three years of RN experience required. Two years of cardiovascular or critical care experience required.
- Current licensure as R.N., state of Iowa or compact state.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to population served within three (3) months of hire.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare Provider certified or obtained by the end of the orientation period (approximately six (6) weeks).
- Level I Cardiac Arrhythmia class completion within 6 months
- Level II 12 Lead EKG class completion within 1 year
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0248054
- Schedule: Full-time
- Market: Mercy Medical Center