- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Fort Worth
Job Description - Rotor System Analysis Engineer (281452) Job Description Rotor System Analysis Engineer-281452 Description We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier anddesign the first functional jetpack. We were aboard NASA’s first lunar missionand brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we are defining thefuture of on-demand mobility. At Bell, we are proud to be an iconic companywith superb talent, rapidly creating novel and coveted vertical liftexperiences.
Rotor System Analysis Engineer:
The Rotor System Analysis Engineer at Bell is responsible foranalysis activities related to preparation and release of engineering data forcomplex rotor system components including blades, hubs, swashplates, shafts,bearings and other supporting components as well as subsystem integration.Furthermore, the Rotor System Analysis Engineer supports the manufacturing,assembly and validation of these mechanical components. Finally, the RotorSystem Analysis Engineer ensures compliance with all best practices, customerand industry specifications in support of air vehicle performance and safetyrequirements. This position is located at Bell’s headquarters facility in Ft.Worth, TX.
- Create detail, assembly and installation rotor system designdefinition utilizing FEM software and other various analytical tools.
- Support manufacturing and testing of rotor system components andsub-systems interpreting technical data and assisting in product improvements.
- Improve detail, assembly and installation rotor system designdefinition utilizing FEM software and other various analytical tools.
- Participate in a cross functional team environment completing avariety of objectives depending on the program lifecycle assigned.
- Advance the state-of-the-art rotor system through creativethought, personal and team research, technical compliance and strong analysisskills.
- Methods include the use of ANSYS and a balance of classical handcalculations and FE tools to develop high performance rotor structures.
- BS Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering. MS preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years in structural analysis of rotor components is preferred.
- Aerospace industry mechanical engineering analysis of rotor system components such as blades, hubs, swashplate, bearings, shafting, etc.
- Significant experience with mechanical design analysis tools such as ANSYS, NASTRAN, PATRAN, Mathcad, Matlab, etc.
- Working knowledge of GD&T requirements.
- Proficiency with basic office computer software, specifically the Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and ability to articulate technical data and concepts to a wide audience of individuals of different technical backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize a variety of activities and tasks while dealing with change
- Strong analytical ability
- High level of understanding of fatigue
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous experience working in a precision manufacturing environment focused on rotor system components such as blades, hubs, swashplate, bearings, shafting, etc.
- Experience working with PLM software such as ENOVIA to drive product lifecycle
- Previous experience working on cross functional engineering programs
- Proficiency with engineering design definition including 2D/3D modeling, requirement capture and specification development
- Experience performing/supporting crack growth analysis (Developing stress gradients, betas, etc.)
Our most cherished core value is to Lift Each Other up, creating a diverse and inclusive environment. As a member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where differences in experiences, backgrounds, and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight.
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)., Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information. , The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. Job Field : Engineering Primary Location : US-Texas-Fort Worth Recruiting Company: Bell Textron Inc. Schedule : Full-time Job Level : Individual Contributor Shift : First Shift Job Posting : 03/10/2020, 1:22:10 PM Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
About the company