- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Beverly Hills
Rotten Tomatoes- Senior Engineer
Filmed Entertainment Group
Help us build the next generation of the world famous Rotten Tomatoes platform using the latest web technologies and standards.
You would be a core member of the team responsible for this. This includes:
• Performing code reviews and mentoring of junior team members
• Troubleshooting and bug fixing production issues
• Participating in Agile ceremonies (Standups, Retros, Sprint Planning)
• Tracking your work in a Ticketing system
• Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience
• 6+ years delivering production code for backend services in an Agile Team
• Familiar with Git or other source code control
• Understanding of REST APIs, HTTP and the Web
• Highly skilled in SQL and/or NoSQL database query languages
• Solid knowledge of Backbone and React.js Frameworks
• Expert knowledge of REDIS and caching strategies
• Advanced understanding of OOP and Data Structures
• Experience with Java and/or Spring framework a plus
• Experience in Wordpress a plus
• Passionate about technology
• Eager to learn and stretch your boundaries
• Works well in a team and takes initiative
• Open to new approaches and new ideas
• Excited to hone your craft
At Fandango, we love movies. From showtimes and ticketing, to engaging content and innovations in movie going- we strive to deliver the perfect movie going experience—anytime, anywhere. And to be the go-to destination for moviegoers, we think it’s all about collaboration. Anyone can build a website or app, but it takes a special group across many disciplines to create an experience that can live across multiple platforms and connected devices. Thanks to an exceptional team, we’re working hard to make Fandango a little bit better every day. Our 30 million (and growing!) online and mobile monthly visitors can now buy movie tickets at over 25,000 screens nationwide and stay for exclusive trailers, our award-winning original video series, movie reviews, celebrity interviews and more. So, if you’re looking to inspire, be inspired and work at the intersection of entertainment and technology look no further than Fandango. Visit Fandango.com/careers for a behind-the-scenes look at Fandango and follow us on LinkedIn for the latest news and updates. Fandango is an NBCUniversal Company.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.