- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
S&D Planning & Stress Testing - 90224403
Primary Location:US-New York-745 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY
Posting Range:26 Feb 2019 - Ongoing
Strategy and Delivery – Planning and Stress Testing
New York, NY
The team’s role is to ensure that Barclays’ analytical capability supporting planning and stress testing in the US region is sophisticated, robust and well governed. The team sits in the first line and has a wide remit to work with and direct model development, implementation and governance activities across business lines and functions. It operates centrally as part of the US CEO team; and also has a reporting line into FiRM, Barclays’ front office financial resource management unit. Its mission is to deliver against three major objectives:
• Ensure required analytical capabilities are in place
• Drive greater sophistication in models and model execution processes
• Drive improvements to model governance
By acting as the single point of contact to senior management and the IHC Board for first line model-related matters, the team has significant exposure to internal stakeholders and regulators. On a day-to-day basis, it works closely with stakeholder groups including Model Ownership Areas in the front office and functions, model developers, Technology and Change Management across regional investment banking and retail business lines.
What will you be doing?
• Be accountable for the timely and complete delivery of complex and large scale projects
• Develop value-add insights and recommendations by conducting structured and transparent analysis to enable informed decision making and problem solving
• Provide consultation on complex and critical initiatives to stakeholders
• Engage with internal clients in a variety of settings, including facilitating meetings and workshops
• Work collaboratively with internal clients and partners in across business units and functions
• Produce “client-ready” output both in written and verbal form
• Institutionalize knowledge within MS&I and key stakeholders
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree
• 6+ years of financial services experience in corporate strategy, management consulting or IBD
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Ability to operate in a high pressure environment
• Team player, self-starter and Intellectually curious
• Proficient in PowerPoint and Excel
Skills that will help you in the role:
• MBA or advanced degree in a quantitative field of study
• Relevant experience in retail and/or investment banking
• Experience or good awareness of forecasting, planning and/or stress testing (e.g., CCAR, BoE, EBA)
• Experience with, or good understanding of, financial models for banks
• Ability to motivate teams to deliver without hierarchical power
• Comfortable making hypothesis-driven decisions with imperfect information under time pressure
• Able to lead teams and meetings with senior stakeholders
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.