- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Morton County
We encourage our people to stretch their capabilities and use their expertise to help us deliver on our strategy and contribute to our long-term goals. We drive clarity in our decision making, allowing you to focus on the most important opportunities that help ensure we remain a winning team.
The Product Support & Logistics Division currently has an opening for aSafety and Hazardous Material Analystlocated in our Morton, IL facility.
As a Safety and Hazardous Material Analyst at Caterpillar, you will support the development, implementation, and management of all Safety, Industrial Hygiene and Hazardous Materials programs at the Morton Global Distribution Center.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform accident investigations, ensure compliance with safety issues, and maintain the necessary documentation on safety performance as they relate to business unit goals and objectives.
- Identify noncompliance issues and formulate actions to correct those issues.
- Chairperson for the Morton Ergonomics Team and will perform the risk assessments to support Caterpillar Production System.
- Perform various types of industrial hygiene sampling. Noise sampling will be conducted to determine which areas will be included in the Hearing Conservation Program. Heat and wet bulb globe temperature sampling will be conducted during the summer months.
- Responsible for reviewing all new hazardous material requests at Morton and Delavan in HM100 (Hazardous Material System). Will also be responsible for reviewing the Material Safety Data Sheet and entering a training document into HM100.
- Responsible for performing and or monitoring powered industrial vehicle training, new hire safety orientation, and ergonomics risk assessment training.
- Identifies gaps in safety training and then schedules/delivers the training with Operations.
- May provide on-the-job training and guidance for newer employees in the group.
- Challenged to quickly and correctly identify problems. Generally, resolves issues by following departmental guidelines or applying a solution that worked in the past.
- 3 years of experience working in Environmental Health and or Safety
- Knowledge of various warehouse operations and risks associated with operations
Top candidates will also have:
- Effective oral and written communications
- Experience operating and training employees on powered industrial vehicles
- Experience using Microsoft Office Products
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
About the company
Caterpillar Inc., is an American corporation which designs, manufactures, markets and sells machinery, engines, financial products and insurance to customers via a worldwide dealer network. Caterpillar is the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. With more than US$89 billion in assets, Caterpillar was ranked number one in its industry and number 44 overall in the 2009 Fortune 500.