- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We’ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
The Sales Business Development Manager will develop new alliance partners and engage specific technology partners in order to increase NetApp’s products and solutions sales. The role includes but is not limited to the development and execution of a strategy to create joint value propositions which increases sales activities in the Region. This individual will work closely with the sales teams as well as members of the NetApp corporate alliance organization to leverage current sales tools and solutions. The role requires strong communication and collaboration skills combined with a sense of urgency to drive incremental revenue for the assigned Region and Area.
- Focus on developing new alliance partners and engage specific technology partners to meet sales targets.
- Cover a specific geographical area and target large, complex, high visibility, strategic, or tactically important accounts.
- Work closely with district sales and regional sales management on development and execution of a sales strategy; adhere to available resources and district sales objectives.
- Drive the strategy for business development with selected partners (i.e. Cisco) to increase incremental sales within the Region.
- Leverage partner’s solutions and resources within the NetApp sales force – including mapping of the sales organizations at the sales district level and assuring that the teams are working together on a updated pipeline of opportunities.
- Collaborate with the field marketing organization to plan, deliver and manage an effective communication and demand generation campaign for each partner across the region.
- Work with marketing to access current sales tools and drive the creation of new solutions.
- Work with peers within across NetApp field and alliance marketing organizations to assure that best practices are utilized to drive effective partner campaigns.
- Strong understanding of how Cisco is organized and their Data Center GTM strategy
- Strong understanding of Cloud based solutions; Prem, Hybrid, Hyperscalers
- Ability to work with Top reselling partners to drive FlexPod bias
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; presentation, customer service, business and negotiation skills.
- Ability to travel within assigned region, working closely with District Managers, Sales Representatives, and channel partners. Occasional travel outside of region required.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- High energy with the capability to multi-task in a dynamic, rapidly growing organization.
- Ability to manage priorities and deadlines.
- A thorough understanding of go-to-market strategies including account segmentation, products, marketing strategies, etc.
- Broad exposure to a variety of technologies/concepts in a distributed environment.
Responsibility and Interaction:
- Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, this individual uses their skills to contribute to the development of company objectives and principles, and to achieve sales function goals in creative and effective ways.
- Is responsible for a specific geographical install base and large, complex, high visibility, strategic, or tactically important accounts.
- This individual effectively works with, and influences senior internal personnel within the function, and employees in other functions that support the sales effort, and has direct customer contact.
- May successfully coordinate significant projects or initiatives across functional groups.
- Limited management supervision and direction is provided since this individual operates and drives results independently.
- The ideal candidate is a subject matter expert and strongly influences sales team decisions and initiatives. May also act as a team leader and major decision maker for team projects with significant interdependencies.
- May supervise other less senior members within same function.
Education & Experience:
- More than 12 years of experience is desired.
- A University degree is required; a Graduate Degree is preferred.
- Experience which demonstrates a significant level of expertise in technical specifications required to sell NetApp products and services is required.
- Specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth of storage management and converged infrastructure solutions.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do.We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what’s important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled