- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Location: New York, NY, USA
As part of the global Operations & Strategy team, Operations Analysts (OA) are the firm's Sales Contract Specialists. You will work with a dedicated sales team and contribute to business development objectives by managing the contracting process from start to finish. The OA is responsible for drafting & tailoring each contract, ensuring that the terms and license parameters meet the needs of the client and sales team while also complying with organizational standards and protocol.
This role works closely with many internal stakeholders including Sales, Legal, Finance, and Administration. Successful OAs are detail-oriented and self-motivated, have excellent communication skills, and demonstrate exceptional multitasking ability under tight deadlines. Candidates must have strong organizational skills and be both process- and results-oriented.
- Manage the end-to-end process for renewals and new business, supporting a dedicated team of sales representatives and acting as the primary point of contact for contract drafting, negotiation, and execution processes.
- Draft sales contracts in accordance with internal policies and best practices while evaluating both business and client needs and making recommendations to sales representatives. Exercise judgment throughout the contract drafting & negotiation process to resolve issues and ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley controls.
- Analyze account information, license parameters, and contract terms with extreme attention to detail in order to support the sales team with proposals for pricing and contractual requirements.
- Complete primary review of and validate all executed contracts, confirming compliance with internal policies and best practices. Ensure all information required for order submission is documented and accurate.
- Facilitate any subsequent changes or adjustments requested by Sales or Client and use discretion in determining course of action.
- Lead collaboration with Finance, Legal, Billing plus other stakeholders to review complex contracts to define specific deliverables, terms, or other contractual elements related to new sales.
- Maintain accurate client data throughout CRM and different systems, ensure pricing and allocations are correct, and document pertinent transaction details. Ensure consistency and accuracy for all stages of the sales cycle.
- Ensure internal and external client queries are fully resolved in a timely fashion with a high level of satisfaction.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree) in finance, business administration, information systems, management, or other relevant area.
- Prior experience working in an administrative, customer service, finance, legal or sales support role, preferably with a sales- or contract-related function, supporting the quote-to-cash process
- Highly organized, with the ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Strong teamwork and customer service orientation. Highly responsive and proactive in issue identification, communication, and managing expectations.
- Highly motivated and results-driven.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships.
- Demonstrates good judgment in problem-solving and issue escalation.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with Salesforce CRM and/or Apttus is strongly desired.
- Fluency in English (spoken & written) is essential.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.