- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
817 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2018. And while we’re proud of that, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are empowered to ask new questions, make bolder decisions and take smarter risks.
We are Novartis. Join us and help reimagine medicine.
This territory covers Hackensack, Englewood and Teaneck NJ
The Cardiovascular Sales Specialist (CSS) is accountable for implementing the sales strategies for approved Cardiovascular (CV) products consistent with Novartis’ compliance standards as well as all applicable legal requirements for those key targeted Health Care Providers (HCP’s) and hospital systems within an assigned territory. The CSS will pull through access and drive utilization for approved CV products with appropriate patients.
• Builds and develops professional relationships with (but not limited to) cardiology, nephrology, emergency medicine, HF clinic staff, pharmacy staff, within assigned customers
• Drives appropriate utilization of approved CV products. CSS works closely with other Novartis commercial associates to generate pull-through within local payers, community HCP’s, and hospitals
• Leverages expertise and knowledge of heart failure, the marketplace, applicable competitors, industry and cross-functional activities/plans to anticipate and effectively manage business opportunities and challenges
• Understands hospital committee structure, P&T process, treatment and discharge protocols, DRG and hospital reimbursement process as it relates to the customers they are responsible for in order to maximize opportunities
• Provides relevant, thoughtful input to other commercial colleagues (e.g. sales leadership, Hospital Account Specialist and USMM) in regards to strategic and tactical planning for territory, area, and region
• Develops and implements effective customer specific territory plans. Communicates insights to internal stakeholders
• Prioritizes time and effort to ensure optimal coverage of appropriate physician specialists based on opportunity and potential
• Understands fully the assigned customers’ product and business needs and works to meet those needs while adhering to all of Novartis company ethics and compliance standards
• Anticipates potential barriers to achievement of goals and proposes responsible solutions for success
• Presents company-approved Health Care Economic Information (HCEI) under FDAMA Section 114 to appropriate audiences
• 50% or more travel required depending on geography
This is a remote position.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree a plus.
• 3 years of experience in pharmaceutical sales, current Novartis Associate with experience in pharma/biotech sales, or contract sales associate currently supporting the Cardiovascular Franchise
• 2 years specialty pharmaceutical / biotech sales experience, operating in a highly clinical disease category or current Novartis associate with experience in pharma/biotech sales
• Proven track record of consistent high performance
• Demonstrated success working within cross functional teams
• Experience in the promotion of cardiovascular pharmaceuticals / biotech products
• Understanding of the market access, diagnostic related groups (DRG), hospital reimbursement, and protocol development Demonstrated effective decision making, problem-solving and strategic thinking
• Product launch experience
• Strong ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally within a matrix environment
• Demonstrated ethical leadership and foster an environment that promotes ethical behavior and compliance with company policies and applicable laws
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills
• Strong analytical and computer capabilities
• Ability to influence
About the company
Novartis has a clear mission, focused strategy and strong culture, all of which we expect will support the creation of value over the long term for our company, our shareholders and society. We recognize that our business depends on the creativity, dedication and performance of our associates. We encourage associates to focus on achievement through collaboration and innovation.
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field.
Our company culture is guided by high ethical standards. Our values help guide the choices people make every day, and they define our culture and help us execute the Novartis strategy in line with our mission and vision.