- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At Google, we work at lightning speed. So when things get in the way of progress, the Business Systems Integration team steps in to remove those roadblocks. The team identifies time-consuming internal processes and then builds solutions that are reliable and scalable enough to work within the size and scope of the company. You listen to and translate Googler needs into high-level technical specifications, design and develop recommended systems and consult with Google executives to ensure smooth implementation. Whether battling large system processes or leveraging our homegrown suite of Google products for Googlers themselves, you help Googlers work faster and more efficiently.
Through your leadership, you use your technical expertise and manage a team of engineers to build key business applications. You gather requirements, lead technical projects, define the scope of those projects and partner across teams to address technical problems and ensure smooth solution implementation.
As a Salesforce Enterprise Architect, you will organize and manage our Corporate Engineering SFDC technology stack. You will be responsible for the technical architecture, feature roadmap, best practices, and product innovation for the Center of Excellence (CoE). You will develop guidelines and best practices for teams to follow and deploy, assess technical fit of Salesforce as a solution for various use cases, and consult with teams with large implementations on leveraging Salesforce native capabilities and minimize custom code. You will also define platform wide architectural choices laying the common infrastructure for business teams to build their Salesforce solutions, including integration frameworks, data architecture, and security model.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- SFDC Application Architect certification.
- 10 years of experience designing and deploying enterprise grade solutions with 5 years of experience in Salesforce architecture and development.
- Experience delivering SFDC solutions for organizations with 1,000 users.
- SFDC Technical Architect certification.
- Experience in Agile development methodology and DevSecOps.
- Experience implementing large SFDC organizations in a multi-tenancy setting.
- Translate business needs into SFDC technology architecture and solution designs. Develop high-level timelines for execution.
- Be the custodian of instance strategy for the Center of Excellence managed instances and advise on release management processes and change management considerations.
- Work with development teams to ensure solution designs align with the overall architecture roadmap for the Center of Excellence and collaborate with the SFDC team to execute on areas of innovation and co-development of features.
- Work with Corporate Engineering stakeholders and SFDC users within the company to help share best practices around security, compliance, etc.
- Develop integration strategy for SFDC integration with other third-party and home-grown services and define overall architectural guidelines/standards for SFDC platform.
About the company
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate