- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $14.41 - $19.25 gross per hour
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Works at a county-operated disposal site or transfer station weighing vehicles on a computerized scale, issues weight tickets, makes change, and performs other duties as required.
Works under the general supervision of a Supervisor, who reviews work for conformance to standards.
Supervision of others is not a responsibility of positions in this classification.
Typical Duties - Duties include, but are not limited to the following
- Operates a computerized scale system, types, inspects loads and determines correct rate to charge, visually confirms the information on the monitor, measures and computes volume, collect fees, makes change, keep accurate records, balances paperwork and makes daily deposits.
Monitors office supplies and reorders when needed. Successfully interacts with a variety of personality types.
- Answers the telephone, uses calculator, Visa/MC authorization terminal, and various computer components. Maintains cleanliness of scale booth and surrounding areas, shares clean up and transactions duties with co-workers.
- Be available to work on an on call basis when needed. Must be able to stand for hours at a time. Must be able to work in inclement weather.
Attends after hours meetings.
- May participate in basic incident command training and drills to maintain proficiency in supporting ECC activities, including carrying out field work in connection with ECC operations. May be assigned clerical/support, incident liaison, or other duties at any location within or near the county. Emergency Management duties may require working long hours outside normal business hours, weekend/holiday work, and may occur with little or no advance notice..
Requirements for the Position
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Graduation from high school or GED, preferably supplemented by experience in a landfill, scale operation or disposal site; AND
- One (1) year of experience in public relations, money handling and basic use of computer; OR
- Any satisfactory equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience relevant to the position.
- Must be able to be bonded.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must possess a current driver's license in the applicant's state of residence and an acceptable driving history. Marion County will obtain a copy of the driving record for all qualified applicants from Driver and Motor Vehicle Services and review the driving record according to the Marion County policy and procedure for Driving on County Business. The policy can be found at:http://apps.co.marion.or.us/APAP/.
- The finalist for this position may be required to pass a criminal history background check; however, conviction of a crime may not necessarily disqualify an individual for this position.
- Ability to climb up on vehicles to inspect loads.
- Ability to lift and move 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in inclement weather.
- Ability to work around compostable material.
- This assignment is represented by a union.
- This is a full-time position, which is eligible for overtime.
- Typical Work Schedule: Sunday, Monday, Friday, Saturday, 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.ORSunday, Monday, Tuesday Wednesday, Saturday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., rotating shifts, seven days per week; this position will work at the Salem and Woodburn locations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY
Ability to:work with a minimum of supervision; keep accurate and complete records; perform simple math calculations and make change; work well with the public, especially in conflict situations; establish and maintain effective and professional working relationships with the public, co-workers and other agencies; effectively communicate; stack tires, and climb up on vehicles to inspect loads.
Basic knowledge of:math; recycling programs.
Basic skill in:operating a computer.
Stands; sits; moves about the work area; bends forward; stoop position up to 1 minute; reaches overhead; lifts and carries up to 50 lbs.; operates a keyboard; uses rapid-mental/hand/eye coordination; speaks clearly and audibly; reads a 12 pt. font; distinguishes colors and shades; sees using depth perception; hears a normal level of speech; works in areas that may be exposed to heat, cold, humidity, dust, smoke, noise, blood and body fluids, and vehicle exhaust; works in areas that may be wet and/or uneven.
- public relations