- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $28,975.00 gross per year
NO LATERAL MOVES ACCEPTED
Provides secretarial assistance to the school guidance and counseling staff and coordinates the guidance office's administrative daily activities by storing, retrieving and integrating information for dissemination to staff and students. Performs a variety of moderately complex work within established procedures and standard practices. Specialized knowledge of the school's policies and procedures is required. Work is performed under general supervision without specific instruction. Requires frequent coordination with others at all organizational levels within and outside the school. Requires handling of sensitive information and dealing tactfully with the public. Considerable judgment is required.
*This assignment is grade 35*
Essential Job Functions
- Customer Service/Public Relations -Serves as central information point to public, students and faculty regarding a variety of matters related to school operations and policies. Screens visitors, phone calls and mail. Responds to inquiries that do not require the administrator's attention. Obtains and provides information requested from within and outside the organization. Fields inquiries about SOL's, SAT's, PSAT's and AP Testing. Maintains good rapport with students, staff and parents. Protects the confidentiality of written and spoken information processed in the guidance office.
- New Student Registration/withdrawal - Collects and processes all data pertinent to the students' educational record for enrollment according to CCPS procedures. This includes but is not limited to residency verification, custody petitions, immunizations and IEP's as well as inputting all information into the database. In addition, registration includes on-line, night school and summer session courses. Withdrawal of a student requires documentation that all books and materials have been returned, grades processed and records forwarded to the next school.
- Student Records Management - Responsible for the collection, filing, maintenance and security of all student records. This includes the transfer of records from elementary to middle and middle to high. Provides access to student records by viewing, copying, faxing, or mailing as a response to appropriate requests from parents, students and others. Process transcript requests of former students for graduation verification for employment and inquiries from state correction facilities and social security disability administration. Must be familiar with Chesterfield County record keeping policies and state and federal regulations. Prepares records for microfilming for students who graduate or withdraw from the system.
- Report Dissemination and Data Verification - Dissemination of interims and report cards for all students. Responsible for keeping the Student Information System updated through collection of current information and audit reports. Copy, sort and mail mid-year transcripts for all college applications. Send final transcripts to colleges selected by students. Prepare senior diploma orders verifying student's official names. Assist in the preparation of scholarship and award program scripts. Process students' applications for college, scholarships, alternative education programs, summer and special programs and Chesterfield Tech applications. Prepare "Seniors in Danger of Failing" notices first and second semester. Issues work permits.
- Generates Reports - Pulls reports from the Student Information System for teachers, counselors and administrators, Uses a personal computer to create spreadsheets, compose correspondence, manage databases and create reports and documents as required in carrying out daily guidance duties.
Considerable knowledge of office operations and procedures; business English and mathematics and office equipment to include manual and automated filing systems. Working knowledge of related school programs and regulations. Working skill in the use of a personal computer, utilizing word processing, spreadsheet and database software. Demonstrated ability to compose correspondence, assemble data and prepare reports, charts and forms; to organize work; to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to interpret, explain and apply policies and procedures; to exercise judgment and work effectively with all levels of personnel, students and the public.
Education, training or experience sufficient to demonstrate the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
*Spanish Speaker Preferred
NO LATERAL MOVES ACCEPTED
Applicants considered for employment must successfully complete the following background investigations/tests:
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Criminal History Investigation
- State Police Criminal History Investigation
- Child Protective Services ( CPS) Investigation
- Tuberculosis Screening/Test