- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Colorado Springs
Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:
Part-TimePosting Close Date:
25-Nov-2019 Close All Job SummaryThe School of Education encourages applications for the Centers Program Assistant position at CU Boulder! The Latino History Project and SOE Centers Program Assistant is responsible for providing academic and professional support to three SOE Centers: National Educational Policy Center (NEPC), Center for Assessment, Design, Research and Evaluation (CADRE), and A Queer Endeavor (AQE). As an essential member of the Human Resources (HR)and Finance Team, this position officially reports to the Director of HR but will work in close collaboration with all team members.Who We AreOur mission in the School of Education is grounded in a lived dedication to democracy, diversity, equity, and justice. We teach and conduct research to make a positive impact on schools and communities. Our faculty, researchers, staff, and students lead to evidence-based policy and practice. We aim for our graduates to be engaged and informed educators, researchers, policymakers, and community leaders. We offer cutting-edge, engaging teacher preparation, innovative undergraduate programs, and Colorado's top-ranked graduate education in Literacy Studies; STEM Education; Educational Foundations, Policy & Practice;Equity, Bilingualism, and Bi-literacy, Learning Sciences & Human Development; and Research, Evaluation & Methodology.What Your Key Responsibilities Will BeLatino History Project Program Assistant
- Assist the Executive Director.
- Compile financial reports and information from various campus systems to submit for funding applications, monthly, quarterly and annual reports for board, funders, and community and campus partners.
- Stay current and research university policies and procedures, analyze information and report conclusions to help establish program decisions.
- Coordinate services including paperwork, financial transactions, filing, set up meetings and events as requested.
- Serve as a liaison between the board and the business office, advise the board and the director on appropriate university HR and financial policies, pertinent timelines, and due dates.
- Serve as the procurement specialist for all funds, including but not limited to:
- Supervise Gift Card Incentive Program for participants in LHP workshops including purchasing gift cards, tracking, distributing and auditing processes.
- In CU Marketplace software, set up vendors, establish appropriate payment methods, submit invoices, track balances.
- Manage procurement card (PCard) for LHP: Place orders, handle receipts, reconcile statements and submit monthly expense reports.
- Process all expense reimbursements for LHP including non-employee travel reimbursements in Concur for LHP faculty and affiliates, mileage log reimbursements, expense reimbursements.
- Prepare Payment of Authorization form to pay participants, route forms through DocuSign for signatures, and send to APInvoive in PSC.
- Track and reconcile expenses for speed types in collaboration with the SOE Business Office, resolve discrepancies as they arise.
- Deposit all checks received from donors and sponsors.
- Run monthly speed type summary reports, reconcile revenue and expenses for each speed type.
- Process any Budget Journal Entries (BJEs), Journal Entries (JEs), Payroll Expense Transfers (PETs), Cash Transfers (CTs) needed to move funds or resolve issues.
SOE Centers Assistant
- Create and own a comprehensive shared system for tracking sponsored project allocations, expenditures, balances, and research payments to various partners on a monthly basis.
- Through communication with CU Foundation, monitor gift fund accounts, set up annual budgets, track revenue and expenses and resolve any issues as they arise.
- Run monthly financial reports for each center, analyze results for potential issues, investigate identified errors.
- Serve as a liaison for expense reimbursements for any grant-related expenses.
- Research, instruct and advise Center faculty and staff in regard to university and School of Education HR, financial and procurement methods, practices, procedures, policies, rules, laws or related standards
- Be the point person for purchasing for SOE Centers in their sponsored project related purchases: place orders, manage receipts, reconcile statements and submit Purchasing card (PCard) report, following campus purchasing policies and deadlines.
Other duties as assigned
- Work collaboratively with Dean’s office staff and colleagues to identify policy and process issues, research, and analyze relevant federal, state and university policies, recommend process changes and implement practices.
- Cross-train with other members of the HR-Finance team, provide assistance and back-up coverage during periods of high volume, during leave or during vacancies or absences.
- Work on special projects.
What You Should KnowThis is a part-time, 50% position. What We Can OfferCommensurate with experience. BenefitsThe University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be StatementsBe Adaptable. Be Pioneering. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Bachelor's degree and three years of related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for the degree.
What You Will Need
- Dedication to support the School of Education mission as well as the individual missions of the Centers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office skills, in particular, excel.
- Prioritize tasks and deadlines of several programs and directors.
- Punctual and reliable, accurate, efficient, self-motivated and willing to take initiative.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remain calm, work under pressure, be highly approachable and maintain a positive attitude.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
What We Would Like You To Have
- One (1) year of administrative support experience in University, higher education or similar setting, preferable in the University of Colorado system.
- Experience using m-Fin and CU-SIS systems or similar Student Integrated Systems and Financial Reporting tools.
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by Sunday, December 8th for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.