- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Francisco
Graduate (Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or related field)
Test Requirement Analysis:
• Create/modify/review Master Test Strategy docuement for large engagements.
• Create/update/review Test Estimations, Project/ Sprint Planning effort.
• Leverage previous project experience/learning like Retrospection Report, Lesson Learnt for better requirement analysis.
• Review architecture & design work products by adopting White Box testing techniques to identify defects by leveraging predefined checklist and cognizant solution accelerators(if any).
Test Strategy and Test Planning:
• * Create test strategy (that includes release date, types of testing, scope of the project, detail explanation of particular release, RAID Risk, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies etc).
• * Gather inputs from the client (eg Types of testing, Development teams, Client managers etc).
• * Prepare test plan covering timelines, resource (Man /Machine) deployment (How it will be tested).
• * Seek signoff on the test plan.
• Involve Project/ Sprint Planning to define the sprint goals, scrum review meetings, identify the product backlogs & provide risks/issues to scrum team for quicker remediation.
• Review & seek signoff from customer on Retrospection Report, Lesson Learnt for every release .
Test Design Techniques (Design principles/tools/patterns):
• Review the test scenarios and seek review as required.
• Track the root cause of the review comments and take actions to resolve them.
• Review the test cases and traceability matrix to ensure total coverage of requirements.
• Track the downtime and report the same to the client.
• Support the team/ client in conducting UAT/BUT if applicable .
• Perform sanity testing to ensure system readiness for testing.
• Upload the test cases .
• Validate readiness of the test environment for test execution.
• Prepare test lab for test execution .
• Seek sign off from the client at various stages of the cycle as required.
Only For Onsite Coordinator:
• Support Business Lead at client side to perform UAT.
• If requested identify the test data for UAT.
• Create Run Plan document that captures priority of test cases based on complexity .
Coding Practices & Defect Management:
• Posses holistic view of quality- Domain, User experience, Black box, White box testing.
• Able to estimate and commit task level effort and deliver activities on time.
• Review the defects logged by team and assign it to the right owner.
• Effective technical communication by participating in architectural/design reviews.
• Speak the developer language.
• Support Quality Assurance goals.
• Adhere to all customer standards, policies and governance practices.
• Comprehensive understanding of full development lifecycle and is actively involved in all phases.
• * Involvement with development teams, architects early in the project life cycle to identify the dependencies on architecture design, low level design components & coding standards, test data dependencies, environment dependencies etc.
Test Execution (Automation/Specialized testing):
• Design & implement best-in-class automation framework based on AUT.
• Review the test results and clarify doubts/query raised by team during execution.
• Prepare Test summary Report and share the same for review/ Review the test results/test reports submitted by the test analyst.
• Capture lessons learnt and the best practices adopted.
• Periodically generate metrics based on the audience.
• Review metrics to identify areas for process optimization.
• Create robust test automation scripts.
• Web Services - Design the Web Services testing framework.
• DevOps - Define, deploy & monitoring metrics configuration.
• Has expert knowledge of multi-threading & other QE tools & technology .
• * Discussion with the development, release & deployment team stakeholders to make gono go decision based on test results and test closure summary report.
• * Possess specialist knowlege on Continous integration/deployment & delivery using industry best tools & technologies.
• * Perform Frequent monitoring & Failure analysis will be done.
• * Perform Script fixing for any errors/issues.
• * Status is shared to onsite across all teams.
• * Frequent Optimization
About the company
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 100 development and delivery centers worldwide and approximately 221,700 employees as of December 31, 2015, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Visit us online at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant.