- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
Duo Security, now a part of Cisco, is the leading provider of Trusted Access security and multi-factor authentication delivered through the cloud.
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place. We believe in empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office and enable every employee to bring their whole self to work.
As the Sales Engineering Lab Manager you will work cross functionally in a dynamic team environment with sales, product and engineering to provide critical support in the growth of new business. In this hands-on role, you’ll become an authority on the Duo solution, key cloud and on-premise applications, and the broader security industry. You’ll work directly with our sales engineering team to manage the lab environment, critical to our success. The SE Lab exists to showcase the Duo solution in concert with a diverse array of other IT and Security tools. In partnering with the sales and marketing teams, you’ll lead the creation and development of new strategic tools and assets.
What you’ll do...
- Serve as a technical resource for our global solutions engineering team
- Partner with product management and marketing teams to provide recommended product enhancements and develop collateral
- Support the sales engineering on-boarding and ongoing training programs through partnership with SE management and sales enablement teams
- Maintain and improve the SE lab environments
- Create sandbox environments for testing, certification and deployment practice
- Play a role in defining our technical sales strategy
Skills you’ll have...
- 2+ years of TME or SE experience with exposure to security, network engineering and systems engineering functions
- 4+ years of IT and/or security experience
- Experience implementing test, development and production instances or maintaining a lab environment.
- Excellent written and oral business communication skills with the ability to collaborate across geographically dispersed functions
- Network Engineering Experience
- Extensive IP network troubleshooting skills including working knowledge of tools and commands like ping, traceroute, nslookup and wireshark
Specific Technical Skills:
- Primary: VPC, EC2, IAM, Route 53
- Other: CloudFormation, Systems Manager (for OS updating), other
- Primary: Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 functional knowledge (networking, domain considerations, AD/Domain Services, DNS, command line, etc)
- Other: GPO, PowerShell scripting, other
- Primary: CentOS/RHEL functional knowledge (networking, ssh, command line, etc)
- Other: Shell scripting, OS/Package updating, PAM, SSH, etc.
- Primary: VPN (Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, etc)
- Other: Load Balancers (AWS Load Balancer, F5, Citrix Netscaler, etc), other
- Networking (Layer 3) and Ports (Layer 4)
- Primary: Subnetting, Firewalls/AWS Security Groups, Private/Public considerations
- Secondary: NAT, RADIUS, Common Port Numbers, other
- Primary: Certificates, MFA, SSL
- Other: Phishing, Malware, other
- Azure, Office 365, Okta, SAML/SSL
- Has experience configuring Microsoft Exchange, Office 365
- Has configured and solved SAML, SSO, SSL issues
3 reasons why you should apply…
- You are technical and intrigued by the ins and outs of different businesses, industries, and new SaaS technologies
- You enjoy solving problems and building solutions, and are self-directed while managing many projects
- A creative, out of the box thinker who is passionate about technology and learning and you want to be a part of something big
- Care about contributing to an amazing work culture and environment
- Are comfortable with the rapid, unpredictable nature of a tech startup
- Work with team members remotely and in person
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.