- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Company Name:Smith's Food and Drug
Position Summary: Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor all established quality assurance standards. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products they inquire about.
- Inform customers of seafood specials.
- Provide customers with fresh/frozen products that they have ordered and the correct portion size, or as close as possible to the amount ordered, to prevent shrink.
- Recommend seafood items to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Check product quality to ensure freshness; review "sell by" dates and take appropriate action.
- Label, stock and inventory department merchandise.
- Ensure country of origin labels are correct for all seafood products.
- Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
- Comply with all state, county and local weights and measures laws and labeling requirements.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained.
- Observe scheduled shift operating hours.
- Follow approved procedures for receiving, weighing and breaking down product.
- Condition all products in assigned sections in accordance with company policy.
- Cut, weigh, clean, wrap, and price seafood for customers' orders.
- Set-up/Take down seafood cases according to shift duties.
- Promote sales through intercom announcements.
- Ensure that all current merchandising, customer service, labor control, expense and supply controls, loss prevention, maintenance, safety, food safety, associate and customer engagement rules are being followed.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risk, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
- Possess adequate knife handling skills
- Must be able to meet the minimum physical demands of the position
- Current food handlers permit once employed
- Knowledge of basic math: counting, addition, and subtraction
- Must be 18 or older
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Seafood experience
- Retail experience
- Second language: speaking, reading and/or writing
Education Level:High School Diploma/ GED Required
States: New Mexico
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Car