- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Chestnut Ridge
Who we are:
American Pool was founded in 1984 and has since grown to be the largest commercial swimming pool management, maintenance, construction, and recreational facility management operation in the United States.
We employ over 7,500 lifeguards and 300 full-time, year-round employees.
Our organization exists to create safe, healthy and enjoyable poolside experiences for our clients and their guests.
Beyond Safety, we have three other core values – care, thoughtfulness, and honesty.
We live our core values every day, developing deep trust and goodwill among our associates and clients.
We are proud of the organization we have built together over the last thirty five years, but we could not be more excited about the future here at American Pool.
American Pool is currently hiring for seasonal lifeguard positions Memorial Day weekend thru Labor Day.
Top applicants will be able to work on both weekdays and weekends.
The applicant is responsible for ensuring the safety of facility patrons by using their certification training to prevent accidents and respond to emergencies.
Why be a Lifeguard with American Pool?:
- Best selection of Pools & Shifts
- Referral bonus - Get paid to work with your friends!
- Summer to Win - Prizes earned by meeting specific goals!
- Growth Opportunities with the largest swimming pool management firm in North America
- Coaching and support throughout the season
- Develop Leadership & Problem solving skills
- Improve Communication and Self Confidence
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recognize and respond quickly and effectively in emergencies.
- Enforce all aquatic facility policies, rules, and regulations.
- Inspect the facility on a daily schedule and report any unsafe conditions or equipment to the supervisor.
- Complete on-site records and reports.
- Participate in regular in-service training.
- Maintain fitness level (swimming skills, strength, and endurance).
- Complete additional duties as assigned by the area supervisor.
- Perform basic facility cleaning and maintenance duties as trained.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Current certification in the following:
- American Red Cross Lifeguard and First Aid *
- American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
*Discounted Lifeguard Certification Classes Available!
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Safety first mentality
- Thorough knowledge and application of lifeguard surveillance and rescue techniques.
- An understanding of facility characteristics, rules, policies, and procedures.
- Leadership and public relations skills.
- Decision-making skills
About the company