- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $12.00 gross per hour
Under the direction of the Recreation Programs Supervisor and the Gymnasium/Field Supervisor, keeps score in writing and on mechanical scoreboards for City league athletic games and matches.
- Responsible for neatly recording information pertaining to sporting events such as individual player statistics and team statistics.
- Also operates electronic scoreboards when applicable.
- Scorekeepers are also expected to speak clearly and use P.A. systems when available.
- Fill out accident reports and misconduct reports as necessary.
- Inform field/gym supervisor concerning roster additions and illegal players;
- Be able to interpret rules concerning scorekeeping.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of sports through participation or past experience scorekeeping preferred, but not required.