- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Goldman Sachs is seeking an analyst to join the Corporate Credit Analysis team. The Corporate Credit Analysis team is responsible for underwriting & monitoring corporate credit positions within the Structured Finance & Lending (SFL) desk within the Securities Division.
- Management of performing credits that collateralize the SFL portfolio
- General underwriting and portfolio management of corporate debt investments, with a focus on middle market lending across all industries
- Evaluate debt assets via investment memo review, industry research, financial statement review, financial modeling, etc.
- Prepare tear sheets for private credits and present asset-level diligence to senior management
- Perform ongoing due diligence and monitoring of portfolio companies
- Interface with GS clients who originate and invest in corporate credit
- Management and oversight of corporate credit data, including asset data setup, database management, and data validation
- Ensure the flow of data underneath all of the corporate credit metrics is accurate and correct by working with clients, technology, and other internal teams
- Reconcile data discrepancies between external vendors and internal databases through research and the creation of quality control checks
- Involvement in project initiatives relating to the SFL business, including enhancing and developing system architecture that supports the function
- Bachelor of Science degree in accounting/finance
- Basic knowledge of Leveraged Lending market
- Strong Excel skills a plus
- Solid analytical/logical mindset
- High attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize workload, and work with Technology to help drive data smart solutions
- Strong communication skills (clear, concise, and confident)
- Able to work under tight time constraints and extended hours as required
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.