- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Robert Half is currently hiring a Security Analyst for a 6 month contract-to-hire position.
The Security Analyst is responsible for testing and assessing computer systems (hardware and software) and network equipment for potential threats and vulnerabilities, identify mitigation steps, and collaborate with system administrators and network engineers to implement fixes.The Security Analyst must act as an internal consultant on security related matters to faculty, students, and staff.
For immediate consideration for this Security Analyst role please email resumes to Lisa at email@example.com.
• Experience in security log analysis / “hunting”; covering Windows and Linux OS logs, packet captures, network flows, intrusion detection data, endpoint telemetry, and infrastructure logs (DNS, DHCP).
• Bachelor's degree in related technical or engineering field or supplemental professional experience. Relevant experience can be substituted for degree.
• Demonstrated ability to perform a risk-based approach to securing applications, databases, or infrastructure.
• Demonstrated process orientation - the ability to build repeatable and reusable processes.
• Understanding of current and emerging security issues, threats, and risks to build detections and predictive approaches to mitigate threats early.
• Experience building data adapters (parsers) and detection logic for SIEM tools across sources like endpoint logs (e.g., from sysdig or sysmon), network telemetry, and identity and access management. Working knowledge of CEF, CEE, and CIM.
• Knowledge on threat landscape, security threat and vulnerability management, as well as security monitoring and analytics.
• Familiarity with inner workings of operating systems and network protocols like DNS, SSL, DHCP, SMTP, HTTP, NTP, etc.
CISSP, CISSP-ISSAP, CISSP-ISSEP, CEH, Security or equivalent.
About the company
Unrivaled Industry Insight. Sophisticated Matching Technology.
And a Personalized Approach.
It’s Why We’re #1.