- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
- Overland Park
What You’ll Do
We have an exciting Security Consulting Systems Engineer role open in our Global Security Sales Organization! You will be a highly motivated, entrepreneurial-minded sales professional who has a real passion for delivering elite technology and services that protect our customers from the network to the endpoint to the Cloud. As part of your DNA, you are a bold, self-starter with the ability to build executive relationships, develop and execute sales strategies and tactics that maximize Cisco’s opportunity within the customer environment, position and promote the partner and customer value proposition for Cisco’s Security Architecture, articulate Cisco’s product and business strategies, and build the demand that makes deals happen!
Check out the details:
• Serve as the subject matter authority in Cisco Security Solutions
• Provide mentorship and assist account teams within the territory in building solutions to address specific customer security needs
• Work with technology experts to help them position Cisco's security solutions effectively against competing offerings.
• Provide specific solution/technology/product consulting, technical and sales support for major account opportunities
• Understand business requirements for customer base and be able to translate them into technical requirements
• Understand and articulate Cisco's architectures and services within Security technologies
• Craft, present and document technical solutions
• Perform in-depth and high-level technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects
• Drive identified major account opportunities (i.e.
• technical consulting, upper level management presentations, and Cisco technology solutions) while allowing local account team to maintain long-term ownership
Who You’ll Work With
In this role as Security Consulting Systems Engineer, you will provide guidance and assist account teams with in the territory in building solutions to address specific customer security needs. In this position you will be working with technology experts to help them position Cisco's security solutions effectively against opposing offerings.
Who You Are
• Minimum 7+ years of technical sales or pre-sales experience with 5+ years in Security specialization experience with Email Security, IDS/IPS, AV, Firewall, Advanced Malware Protection technologies
• BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent highly preferred
• Pre-sales experience required
• Successful quota achievement
• Consistent track record or managing and winning technical and high value IT security projects
• Experience of administering Unix/Linux systems, low-layer (packet-level) IP networking and have a thorough understanding of network security
• Solid presentation and social skills
• Commercial awareness and interpersonal skills
• Highly motivated self-starter that does not need day-to-day management
• Desirable experience including press experience, delivering training courses, prior experience with Cisco/Sourcefire security technologies, experience with programming languages such as UNIX shell, Perl or C
Why Cisco Security
Cisco Security - Cisco delivers intelligent cybersecurity for the real world, providing one of the industry's most comprehensive advanced threat protection portfolio that is integrated, pervasive, continuous and open. Cisco's threat-centric approach to security reduces complexity while providing unmatched visibility, continuous control and advanced threat protection across the entire attack continuum -- before, during and after an attack.
Global Security Sales Organization (GSSO) - GSSO is taking big steps to position Cisco as the #1 IT Security provider in the industry. In addition to having the right market conditions, capabilities, products and services, we need the right people to take us there.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities,
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.