- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Clifton Park
Core BTS is a business transformation company, providing organizations comprehensive IT solutions from application development to virtualization. Core BTS is a leader in following technology and business trends with equal enthusiasm to bring the two worlds together like no one else. We watch our customer’s organizations thrive and grow by finding new ways to leverage IT in their businesses.
The Network Security Engineer is responsible for deploying, designing, configuring, maintaining, and fixing various aspects of the network security implementations of Palo Alto Networks. In addition, the engineer will:
Conduct penetration testing and periodic scans of networks to test for vulnerability.
Monitor the organization’s networks and systems for security breaches or intrusions. Install software that helps to notify them of intrusions and watch out for irregular system behavior.
Lead incident response activities to minimize the impact and lead a technical and forensic investigation. Prepare reports of findings to be reported to management.
Install, configure, manage, and repair Palo Alto Firewalls and intrusion detection systems. Support, monitor, and maintain existing configuration changes for Palo Alto Networks.
Handle network security issues of clients, suggest recommendations, and create documents for its configuration and installation. Engineers are also responsible for installing and maintaining Palo Alto firewall technologies.
Manage wireless and LAN networks, including switches, routers, and other related equipment. Identify and troubleshoot complex network problems affecting LAN, WAN, Internet connections, and issues of end user issues. Create and maintain documentation of network procedures, configurations, cabling layouts, and standards.
Oversee and test network capacity and performance and make ready and provide statistics and reports of network performance. They plan and deploy network upgrades, fixes for maintenance, and patches.
- Direct experience with anti-virus software, intrusion detection, Palo Alto firewalls and content filtering, IPS/IDS, and VPN.
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies and methods
- Experience designing secure networks, systems and application architectures
- Knowledge of disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies and methods
- Experience planning, researching and developing security policies, standards and procedures
- Professional experience in a system administration role supporting multiple platforms and applications
- Ability to communicate network security issues to peers and management
- Ability to read and use the results of mobile code, malicious code, and anti-virus software
No Agencies Please!!