- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- CENTURY CITY, LOS ANGELES, CA, UNITED STATES
Safetyand Security are of paramount importance in all Fairmont Hotels and Resorts. AsSecurity Manager, you will be in charge of the team which is responsible forensuring the safety and security of all guests and colleagues at all times.
Hotel Overview: At the core of Century Plaza’scollection of world-class culinary, entertainment, and leisure opportunitiesstands the Fairmont Century Plaza Hotel, which since 1966 has been hailed forvisionaries design and service. Century Plaza’s unparalleled team of designershave transformed this modern Los Angeles landmark into the heartbeat of21st-century city living. Shopping and entertainment at Century Plaza surpassthe expectations of the most discerning individual, complementing 1.2 millionsquare feet of elite retail at the newly completed Westfield Century City justnext door. Verdant landscapes and a commissioned sculpture by Jaume Plensa addvitality and spirit to Century Plaza's 24/7 urban energy.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting totheDirector of Security, responsibilities and essential job functionsinclude but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendlyservice
- Oversee the day-to-day management of theSecurity department
- Ensure overall guest and Colleague safetythrough the implementation and review of hotel-wide security measures
- Act as a liaison within the community andpolicing forces to maintain awareness of current security issues
- Be knowledgeable in the use of all securityequipment, i.e. radios, cameras, electronic lock systems and report anysafety, security and/or fire hazards or violations
- Actively participate in the design andexecution of the Emergency Preparedness Plan
- Assist to lead a team ofSecurity agentsviastrong performance management
- Ensure the safety and security of ourguests, employees, assets and facilities by conducting regular patrols
- Conduct monthly key audits and safetyaudits as requested
- Rendering First-Aid to guests and employeesas required by internal guidelines.
- Ensure all incidents are documented asrequired by internal guidelines.
- Assist to manage the departmental budget
- Balance operational, administrative andColleague needs
- Follow department policies, procedures andservice standards
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous leadership experience in a similar role required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- Certification in CPR First Aid preferred
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
- Must possess a professional presentation
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all time
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must provide proof of eligibility to be employed in the United States of America.
Fairmont Century Plaza is an EqualOpportunity Employer EOE/M/F/V/D
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.comto learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- safety and security