- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- West Valley City
The purpose of this position is to ensure the safety and security of Harmons’ customers, associates, merchandise and facilities. This person will be a presence in the store, ensuring safety and security procedures are being followed, as well as reviewing video surveillance to identify potential risks and providing exceptional customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Follows established departmental and store policies and procedures
• Ensures the safety and security of Harmons’ customers, associates, merchandise and facilities
• Deters and prevents stealing or the committing of unlawful acts while on Harmons premises
• Maintains and operates Harmons security camera system and equipment
• Makes a presence the store and reviews surveillance video to identify potential safety, security and theft risks
• Conducts investigations with the help of the People Department
• Delivers excellent customer service to all customers
• Completes assigned tasks efficiently and in a timely manner
• Communicates openly and frequently with the Director of Risk Management
• Writes reports as needed for incidents related to criminal or civil charges
• Sets a professional and positive example to others
• Assists as needed to ensure the success of the store as a whole
MARGINAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS
• Consistent and daily interaction with store associates
• Consistent and daily interaction with customers
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A high school diploma or GED preferred; or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Current P.O.S.T. Certification
• Working knowledge of law enforcement and security procedures and techniques, applicable laws, etc.
• Working knowledge of security-related tools and equipment: handcuffs, pepper spray, etc.
• Ability to interpret policies and procedures
• Excellent organization and planning skills
• Must possess solid communication skills, including verbal and listening skills in order to effectively and efficiently communicate with and manage diverse groups of people
• Ability to appropriately and professionally handle conflict
• Must possess the ability to accept constructive review and be accountable for one’s own success as well as the success of your team
• Required to make logical, significant decisions using general, recognized skills and techniques
• Must possess integrity, a positive attitude, be mission-driven, and be self-directed with a demonstrated passion for Harmons’ mission and commitment to working collaboratively
• Continually strives to be product minded, customer minded, personnel minded, detailed, forward focused and consistent
• Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally performed in a safe and comfortable store environment with the possibility of frequent exposure to cold, hot, slippery and wet conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to grasp, push, pull, carry, stoop, twist, crouch, and reach; perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and eye, hand and foot coordination; hear and respond to customer inquiries. Also requires standing, walking and bending throughout the entire work day and the ability to maneuver heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds from location to location.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrate our employees' differences including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Diversity makes us better.
About the company