- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
- San Jose
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
Product Manager- Solutions Marketing
Do you have passion for driving Network Security’s role in an ever-changing hybrid network environment? Do you want to help keep Cisco customers safe from a dangerous set of adversaries? At Cisco, we are obsessed with helping customers revolutionize their security landscapes. Our Firepower Next-Generation Firewall is the cornerstone of the Cisco Security Integrated Architecture. We are driving a set of integrations and revolutions in our management that will be game changers for the product line.
If you’re excited at the opportunity to build differentiating solutions, compelling value propositions, and executing customer and partner programs, consider joining our team. As an outbound-focused product manager, you be the key voice of our positioning, messaging, and go-to-market plans for the Firepower NGFW. You will package capabilities, content, and pricing to address key use cases, with particular focus on driving growth with our channel partners and through our sales force.
Be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge, work across teams and make a big impact. Possess a results-oriented skillset. While the ideal candidate understands the inbound activities involved in building great products, you prefer to focus your energy outbound on growing sales and adoption of products.
You will have a passion for helping customers and partners of all shapes and sizes and understand how our products and services can help improve their businesses.
Be passionate about technology and security and creating coherent value propositions that make sense to customers.
Be a role model for boundary-less collaboration. You will work in tight coordination with the array of Cisco cross functional teams to assure our message and product programs are delivered to the market, our voice and message are differentiated, and revenue goals are achieved.
Primary Role and Responsibilities
Provide clearly differentiated product messaging and competitive positioning/packaging
· Own the product message, value proposition and competitive differentiation proofs.
· Analyze market segments, verticals, sizing and ideal customer targets, and design forward-thinking positioning approaches for each segment.
· Curate and design message maps, theme calendars, and other artifacts to communicate the product messaging and GTM objectives to the x-functional team.
· Define and direct the product content creation priorities for GTM initiatives.
Test and assure impact of product market narrative and product assets, programs
· Drive seller and customer buyer/influencer feedback loops to synthesize feedback and adjust the assets, materials, and programs.
· Define and test product positioning and messaging for new features and products that communicates their benefits and highlights our differentiation – directly with buyers.
· Identify, collect, and prioritize GTM investments in coordination with platform Product Mangers. Continually track asks vs. gaps in funding.
· Define compelling product-focused content that articulate value, use cases, competitive differentiation and benchmarking (customer case studies and videos, whitepapers, presentations, and more). Partner with Marketing to execute and test these with customers, sellers, and partners.
· Illustrate GTM goals and impact in bookings $s, pipeline created, and ROI metrics and other indicators of programmatic success.
Collaborate and partner to execute Cisco-scale go-to-market
· Partner with Product Marketing and Customer Success to drive the launch of new products, features and releases and manage customer, partner, and seller communications.
· Support and coordinate with SBG Business Development on technical alliances and ecosystem partnerships.
· Partner and collaborate with Technical Marketing and GSSO to deliver internal enablement activities, support trade shows and interact with customers
· Partner with Technical marketing to prioritize the execution of technical content (technical videos, white
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.