- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- UNITED STATES - ILLINOIS - ABBOTT PARK
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
JOB DESCRIPTION:Job Description Summary
The main responsibilities for the Sr. Accountant in the Americas Hub is to serve as liaison between our Share Service Third Party provider, FP&A and CFS and drive process improvements. The Sr. Accountant will perform accounting related work and review journal entries and reconciliations performed by the Shared Service Third Party colleagues.
- Provide guidance to Shared Service Third Party Accounting colleagues.
- Review and approve Third Party Shared Service Accounting journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations and complete the monthly financial close process.
- Review and assist in maintenance of third Party Shared Services Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Provides on the job training (OJT) as necessary for new Shared Service Third Party activities.
- Maintain Standard Operating Procedures for Hub activities. Completes OJT as necessary for new activities.
- Prepare analysis for the backup of Hub performed journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Successfully navigate SAP to view documents and account balances, run reports, analyze purchase orders invoices, and utilize SAP data for analytics.
- Efficiently complete Microsoft Excel spreadsheets including pivot tables, vlookups, conditional formatting, and analysis of data.
- Complete analysis in SAP/SRM of third party service provider accrual and prepaids. Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations based on analysis.
- Liaise with FP&A, CFS, and other Americas Hub team members to execute the financial close, provide guidance, and work together to improve processes.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and provide support for SOX and internal audit.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures including CFMs.
- Elevate issues and recommend solutions.
- Operate independently within a varied and changing scope of responsibilities under some supervision.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance and/or Business or equivalent experience.
Minimum Experience/Training Required:
3-7 years related work experience. Prior experience in Shared Services strongly preferred.
JOB FAMILY:Accounting & Reporting
DIVISION:IFO International Finance
LOCATION:United States Abbott Park : AP52 Floor-1
TRAVEL:Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.