- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior Actuarial Associate (Modeling COE)-RAC0000N
PrudentialFinancial has helped individual and institutional customers grow and protecttheir wealth for 140 years. With operations in the United States, Asia, Europeand Latin America, we provide customers with a variety of products andservices, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services,mutual funds and investment management. The Senior Actuarial Associate –Modeling COE AXIS ALM Team, is a position that will play an integral role inthe development of the evolving framework, models, and infrastructure for theEnterprise Asset and Liability Platform.
- Develop and refine ALM modelingneeds in support of product development, valuation, and business management forcross lines of business.
- Develop and maintain actuarial modelcomponents for asset and reinvestment, which will be part of the company’senterprise asset liability projection platform for asset adequacy testing,pricing, portfolio strategy and tactics analysis, stress testing, riskaggregation, etc.
- Support enterprise ALM processesthat facilitate end-to-end and seamless user experience for modeling runs,sensitivities, and attribution analyses for multiple lines of business.
- Build and maintain tools to supportproduct development, including input stating tool (IST), replication tools,etc.
- Ensure adherence to appropriatecorporate governance, controls, and documentation policies/procedures.
- Partner with Governance, Forecast,Valuation, and Operation teams, to identify and explore opportunities toenhance retirement models and effectively support business needs.
- Degree in Actuarial Science,Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Economics, Business, Science-based, orother analytical fields
- Experience in the use of actuarialmodeling software in GGY AXIS highly desirable
- Two or more years of experienceworking in an actuarial position
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel,SQL Database, Visual Basic, or other programming language
- Strong written and oralcommunication
- Industry knowledge and experience,focusing on Retirement Products, valuation, asset/liability management, andrisk management work
- Ability to strive in collaborativeand project-based work environment
- Self-motivated individual withstrong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function Actuarial
Primary Location United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Other Locations United States-New Jersey-Newark
About the company
For over 140 years, Prudential Financial (NYSE:PRU) has helped people grow and protect their wealth. We offer individual and institutional clients a wide array of financial products and services. Today, we are one of the world’s largest financial services institutions. We have over $1 trillion of assets under management as of March 31st, 2017, and approximately $3.7 trillion of gross life insurance in force worldwide as of Dec. 31, 2016. We have operations in the United States, Asia, Europe and Latin America. We also have one of the most recognized and trusted brand symbols: The Rock® , an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation. We measure our long-term success on our ability to deliver value for shareholders, meet customer needs, attract and develop the best talent in our industry, offer an inclusive work environment where employees can develop to their full potential, and give back to the communities where we live and work. (Pru.us/disclaimer)