- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Senior AdministratorFitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
To efficiently manage the day-to-day administrative operation of the office of a corporate executive with professionalism and minimum supervision. To provide advanced administrative duties; communicate with senior management/executives; perform duties of more complexity requiring independent judgment; understands company policies and procedures and the importance of trust, confidentiality, and accuracy.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the office of a corporate executive.
- Provide assistance to the division/group head in the management of the administrative operations of the department.
- Act as liaison with non-analytical departments and independently initiate follow-up action; resolve administrative issues through appropriate channels.
- Implement policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Manage file maintenance (electronic and hard copy) to comply with department, regulatory, and compliance directives.
- Maintain organizational charts and floor plans.
- Coordinate new employee department orientation and set-up.
- Conduct research via internet, Fitch website, Bloomberg, etc.
- Maintain databases and logs as appropriate for the department, including but not limited to attendance tracking, SalesLogix, compliance and regulatory related, and intradepartmental.
- Provide customer service (internal and external); greet clients and other visitors, respond to requests for materials, and provide information within the scope of knowledge.
- Review and distribute incoming mail and prepare outgoing correspondence.
- Prepare presentations and materials for conferences and meetings.
- Coordinate travel arrangements, prepare itineraries and obtain approvals as needed.
- Prepare expense reports.
- Maintain department calendar, schedule meetings, and conference calls, and coordinate as needed with Conference Center. Notify participants as appropriate.
- Coordinate planning sessions, team building, group holiday events, etc.
- Process finance-related items through the Accounting Department, including but not limited to invoices or membership renewals.
- Process subscription requests and renewals.
- Order and maintain an inventory of office supplies and printed materials.
- Provide telephone coverage.
- Scan, photocopy, or fax materials as needed.
- Act as liaison with IT, Mailroom, and Facilities.
- Provide backup to other administrative staff as needed.
- Provide additional administrative support as needed.
- College degree, graduate of a recognized secretarial school, or relevant work experience.
- Developed expertise in the field, with five or more years of administrative experience.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Typing skills of minimum 55 w.p.m.
- Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface at all levels of the organization
- Thorough knowledge of business English, grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability and willingness to learn new tasks and software as required
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with supervising personnel, coworkers, and business professionals
- Ability to recognize and provide solutions or referrals to problems arising from day-to-day activities of the group
- Ability to project a positive, concerned image to clients and coworkers
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp
- customer service
- ms project