- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Supplier Management is looking for a dynamic, team-oriented, experienced leader to oversee supply chain strategy development and implementation for Boeing’s advanced manufacturing and automation commodity. The successful candidate for this position will exhibit a broad range of industry experience in this commodity space as well as leadership attributes including strong analytical, communication and team-building skills at both the executive and non-executive levels. Additionally, the candidate will demonstrate an ability to drive systems, process and cost efficiency improvements capable of benefiting the advanced manufacturing and automation category across Boeing’s global enterprise.
The Advanced Manufacturing and Automation Category Leader is an individual contributor (non-management) position within Boeing. This position is a pivotal leadership role that works as part of a cross-functional team, across the global enterprise, to develop integrated strategies and provide actionable insight relevant to the Advanced Manufacturing and Automation commodity.
This role includes leading cross-functional teams to develop:
- Enterprise strategy focused on evaluating service delivery models and supply chain impacts/opportunities)
- Category Strategic Plans (a sourcing and contracting strategy involving evaluation of market, current state environment and positioning Boeing for future success)
- Category Profiles (an evaluation of market trends, Boeing’s competitive position/supply base and discovery of supplier/procurement opportunities)
- Other Business Process/Procurement Recommendations (e.g. negotiation strategies based on research and analysis)
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
- 14+ years’ experience with professional purchasing
- 5+ years’ experience with proposal development and contract negotiations
- Experience in a role requiring influencing and negotiation skills
- Experience leading teams including cross-functional teams
- Experience with leading strategic development
- Technical bachelor's degree or higher. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
- 5+ years' experience in Procurement
- Experience developing category strategies for automation, composites and lamination; material movement, drill and fill; assembly and trim; drill and paint
- Experience providing procurement support concerning demonstrator projects for wing and fuselage, as well as supplier base development that includes international scope
- Strong experience working with procurement and category management best practices (e.g. benchmarking, should cost, total cost of ownership, RFX, sourcing, contracting)
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to work with large data sets from multiple sources
- Proven track record of delivering initiatives from conception through deployment of large-scale procurement projects Experience working in advanced manufacturing and automation industry
- Strategic planning skills for project and/or program management
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years' related work experience, 18 years' related work experience, etc.).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeingis a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
- ms project
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.