- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Mercedes-Benz USA, headquartered in Atlanta, GA is responsible for the sales, marketing and service of all Mercedes-Benz and Maybach products in the United States. In our people, you will find tremendous commitment to our corporate values: 'PRIDE = Passion, Respect, Integrity, Discipline, and Excellence’. Our products and employees reflect this dedication. We are looking for diverse top-notch individuals to join the Mercedes-Benz Team and uphold these hallmarks.
Responsible for facilitating the implementation of MBUSA's Linux and AIX Server technology and strategy. This position requires a highly-skilled individual with in-depth knowledge of Linux and IBM high-end P-Series hardware, as well as the ability to effectively manage the latest Linux and AIX operating system environments.
The individual must be proficient in troubleshooting, system security, process control, file system turning, hardware configuration, shell scripting, volume management, cluster design/setup and other general system administration duties. Knowledge of setting up LPARs and Virtual I-O servers is essential.
Keeps abreast of industry trends and best practices, recommends appropriate hardware and software upgrades, serves as a systems expert and advisor and manages assigned projects.
Provide expertise regarding the automation and integration of Linux-based server systems across the organization.
Additionally must be able to achieve availability and performance objectives for MBUSA corporate Intel-based and AIX computer servers by providing analysis support and implementing projects and plans consistent with the Company's policies and procedures. Must be able to implement all necessary security features in compliance with the MBUSA Security Team policies.
The position requires the supervision of 1-10 employees and 1-10 consultants.
- Assist with the development of standards, guidelines and policies related to the design and architecture of Linux and AIX Server solutions. Review solution options, research and analyze alternatives and recommend solutions to business and technology leadership.
- Develop methodologies to implement new and emerging hardware and software infrastructure. Oversee and review the research, analysis, selection, planning and engineering of Linux and AIX Server hardware and software components or enhancements.
- Develop methods to test, debug, support, and analyze performance, and document hardware and software technology components. Manage highly complex hardware and software technology analysis, evaluation on resource requirements necessary to maintain and/or expand service levels or tune hardware and software components for optimum performance.
- Build and support MBUSA Linux and AIX server infrastructure which entails the configuration of physical and/or virtual hardware and the deployment of Network Operating System consistent with the Company’s policy and procedures. Ensure optimal level of customer support by providing 2nd and 3rd level support.
- Responsible for defining server hardening guidelines in collaboration with Corporate Security team. Manage and recommend updates to information security policies and procedures for information technology assets.
- Responsible for continuous automation of Operating System deployments and administrative tasks including zero touch implementations. Integrate with existing system management tools.
- Develop and maintain system documentation and reference manuals for procedures, policies and inventory and ensure currency through periodic review, audit and maintenance.
- Monitor the performance of and manage the backups of the AIX systems, and manage the TSM Tivoli environment.
- Configure and perform system management tasks related to Volume Groups, Logical Volumes, Filesystems, cron jobs, paging space, User IDs, networking, HACMP, VIO, Clustering, disk storage.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery planning and execution as required.
- Update and configure AIX software, and various software such as DB2, MicroFocus COBOL, MQ-Series, Tivoli, Oracle, On-Tap, Direct Connect, etc. as required.
- Oversee and manage the CISM Remedy tickets for the AIX and Linux team groups.
Mercedes-Benz USA, headquartered in Atlanta, GA is responsible for the sales, marketing and service of all Mercedes-Benz and Maybach products in the United States. In our people, you will find tremendous
About the company
Daimler AG is one of the world’s most successful automotive companies. With its divisions Mercedes-Benz Cars, Daimler Trucks, Mercedes-Benz Vans, Daimler Buses and Daimler Financial Services, the Daimler Group is one of the biggest producers of premium cars and the world’s biggest manufacturer of commercial vehicles with a global reach. Daimler Financial Services provides financing, leasing, fleet management, insurance, financial investments, credit cards, and innovative mobility services.
The company’s founders, Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz, made history with the invention of the automobile in the year 1886. As a pioneer of automotive engineering, Daimler continues to shape the future of mobility today: The Group’s focus is on innovative and green technologies as well as on safe and superior automobiles that appeal to and fascinate. Daimler consequently invests in the development of alternative drive trains with the long-term goal of emission-free driving: from hybrid vehicles to electric vehicles powered by battery or fuel cell. Furthermore, the company follows a consistent path towards accident-free driving and intelligent connectivity all the way to autonomous driving. This is just one example of how Daimler willingly accepts the challenge of meeting its responsibility towards society and the environment.
The brand portfolio of Daimler comprises Mercedes-Benz, Mercedes-AMG, Mercedes-Maybach, Mercedes me, smart, EQ, Freightliner, Western Star, BharatBenz, Fuso, Setra, Thomas Built Buses as well as Mercedes-Benz Bank, Mercedes-Benz Financial Services, Daimler Truck Financial, moovel, car2go and mytaxi.