- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Francisco
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
As Airbnb continues to grow, we look for the best and brightest to drive our most strategic business decisions. To do so, this Senior Analyst will partner with cross-functional leaders on our supply-focused teams (Host) to help understand our growth levers and operationalize them. We seek versatile problem solvers who can structure and analyze a variety of business challenges, whether they be product, sales or financial-related. The role will have a high degree of visibility to senior management across our Homes business.
Role & Responsibilities
- Define the problem: Collaborate with a cross functional team to structure complex and ambiguous problems. Perform analyses to test hypotheses; and surface insights and recommendations.
- Set metrics and goals that drive performance and create value for our community. Develop forecasts that ladder up to our overall company objectives.
- Identify opportunities and propose resourcing: Collaborate with product, operations, and marketing teams to target areas of outsized opportunity. Create business cases to support these opportunities, and work with team leadership to prioritize resources.
- Report on progress and drive accountability: Collaborate with cross functional partners to understand performance drivers and report on trends in our business.
- 3-6 years of relevant experience, ideally a mix of management consulting, business operations, private equity and start-up/operating company experience.
- The ability to work and influence cross-functionally is a must. You are proactive, great at communicating with different audiences and can bring stakeholders on-board. You seek out and have a track record for driving change and impact in a fluid, unstructured working environment.
- You’re someone who possesses grit and finds creative ways to get the job done. You bring high energy and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast paced environment.
- Strong analytical abilities and able to synthesize complex information. You enjoy absorbing large amounts of data and qualitative insights and can quickly develop a strong narrative that leads to recommendations and builds our understanding of the business.
- You’re not afraid to roll your sleeves up when needed. You’re comfortable with financial modeling in Excel and building presentations in PowerPoint / Keynote.
- Proficiency in SQL, Python, or R a plus.