- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Solutions Architect-Financial Systems
(More of an Application Architect, but this is the formal title)
- Full-time salaried OPPORTUNITY
- MUST LIVE IN Minnesota
- Start: Depends on Availability
- No Visa sponsorship available
- No Visa transfer available.
Owns technical engagements and drives the ultimate success of partner projects.
Acting as the "face of the client" with key partners and drives discussions with senior technical leaders in those organizations.
Uses strategic thinking regarding business, product and technical challenges and maps the intersection of partner needs and company priorities.
Utilizes excellent customer engagement and communication skills as well as the technical background to fluently interact and provide guidance to software developers and architects.
Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of architecture, systems design and integration to develop level application and custom solutions and recommendations on major enhancements and interfaces, functions and features.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develop and drive strategic technology roadmaps.
- Work cross functionally to drive out cloud ready application strategy, working with both Infrastructure teams and Security teams collaboratively.
- Designs and leads the implementation of an architecture based on business requirements and IT strategies, as well as to rectify gaps and pain points within the current state
- Documents necessary architecture design and analysis work
- Facilitates the evaluation and selection of hardware and software technology and product standards, as well as the design of standard configurations as they relate to the systems
- Educates developers on devices and service offerings
- Documents best practices and creates development resources that can be used by other developers specific to Systems
- Provides input to Enterprise Architecture that helps builds reference architecture, frameworks and toolkits to drive scale of adoption in the ecosystem
- Advocates for enterprise architecture in relevant system space
- Ensures that enterprise architecture guidelines and recommendations are followed and bridges gaps directly with enterprise architecture
- Ensures that project teams follow enterprise architecture processes to include technical reviews and enterprise technical recommendations
- Develops unique, compelling and exciting presentations and demonstrations of new applications and technologies
- Delivers persuasive, passionate, high impact, high quality presentations to senior decision makers
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 10+ years of retail industry experience in application and technical roles
- 7+ years of experience convert technologies and building/maintaining developer relations
- 3+ years implementation/consulting
- Experience Financial systems is beneficial but not required.
- Experience with Oracle E-Business Suite is Beneficial
- Expertise in multi-channel digital solutions, products, and frameworks.
- Proven ability to architect, develop, and deploy experiences across desktop, mobile, tablet, and digital displays.
- Knowledge of software/hardware design, selection, and deployment techniques and methodologies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Analysis or a related field preferred
- High-level understanding of relational database management systems and other data structures
- Knowledge of all components of a technical architecture
- Understanding of network architecture
- Solid knowledge of the following is preferred:
- Cloud/Hybrid Application Architecture (Kubernetes a plus)
- Experience using containers
- Component Driven Architecture (12-factor Applications
- reusability, scalability)
- Overall system health (logging and monitoring strategy)
- Secure API design principles
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations
- Ability to translate business needs into architecture requirements
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of technical architecture alternatives
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- ms project