- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives.
Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.
Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric’s Industry Services business is looking for a dynamic application engineer to support the growth of its migration and modernization business. In this highly visible and key position, you will support and promote the development of tools and services that help our customers migrate to Schneider Electric’s new automation platform from a legacy system.
Responsibilities for this position include engineering, programming, and supporting the migration of automation systems. More specific tasks may include:
- Provide automation product and system application expertise to aid product management with strategies synchronized with the team’s goals and the strategic roadmap
- Capturing customer requirements and define the new product and/or services to meet them
- Develop playbooks and migration assessment tools to help easily migrate competitive legacy systems to the Schneider world
- Support the development of software conversion tools and hardware wiring systems through specification, validation and installation
- Participate in product launch and business support activities
- Develop and present product demonstrations and training courses at commercial events including trade shows, customer briefings, and launch events
- Provide and resolve high-level technical application issues (pre and post sales) and marketing questions as requested by various stakeholders
- Willingness to travel required (about 15%)
- Expertise in Siemens PLC systems (S5 and S7) in the form of application development and installation
- A high degree of knowledge of PLC programming, PLC hardware, and other automation system components such as HMI, SCADA and drives. Must be able to program and properly document a variety of PLC and HMI systems from different manufacturers
- Experience with some of the following PLC/HMI platforms is necessary:
Schneider Electric PLCs - Quantum, M340, Premium, Advantys, Unity-Pro Software
Rockwell/Allen-Bradley PLCs – ControLogix, CompactLogix, SLC Series – RSLogix software
GEFanuc – Rx3i PAC, 90-30 Series PLC
Schneider Electric HMI – Vijeo Citect, Vijeo Designer, ClearSCADA
Rockwell HMI - RSView32, RSView Studio RSLinx, PanelBuilder
GEFanuc - IFix, Cimplicity,
Wonderware – Intouch, Archestra
Networking – Ethernet IP, Modbus TCP, Profibus, Profinet, Devicenet, Interbus, Modbus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relation skills.
- Excellent problem resolution skills
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter and able to work independently
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate.
We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company.
We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond.
See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
About the company
Schneider Electric SE is a European multinational corporation that specializes in electricity distribution, automation management and produces installation components for energy management. It is headquartered in Rueil-Malmaison, France and is also based at the World Trade Center of Grenoble.
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation.
Schneider Electric develops technologies and solutions to make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green. The Group invests in R&D in order to sustain innovation and differentiation, with a strong commitment to sustainable development.