- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Santa Clara
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. If you have a passion for excellence and a drive to achieve, you belong at AMD. Our employees work hard, have fun, and thrive on success. We meet the challenges of an evolving marketplace by staying true to our corporate values, including an unwavering respect for individuals and a focus on retaining superior employees.
- Provide leadership to Graphics Architecture Modelingteam responsible for performance analysis of current and next generation graphics architecture.
- Raise team productivity and effectiveness by defining and driving metric-driven software engineering best practices.
- Provide first level management for your direct reports, including goal setting, coaching, performance appraisals, and compensation recommendations.
- Foster an environment for success within your team by matching individuals skills, talents and objectives to best achieve the overall teams goals and objectives
- Coordinate the work of your team on development projects.
- Provide direct individual contributions as needed to ensure projects are completed on time and with high quality.
- Actively support our continuous process improvement projects.
- BS/MSComputer Engineering or Computer Science; MSCE or MSCSpreferred.
- Knowledge of Graphics Architecture Pipeline including standards such as OGL/OCL/DX
- 10 years of model development experience with emphasis on C++ software development
- 5 years software engineering management experience
- Keen understanding of best practices of software development and software verification methods
- Excellent team building skills; ability to effectively manageteam members across multpile geographics
- Strong interpersonal skills that enables successful interaction with a large worldwide team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Country:United StatesState:CaliforniaCity:Santa Clara
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
About the company
Our history is marked by a commitment to innovation that's truly useful to our customers — putting the real needs of people ahead of technical one-upmanship.
“Technology for technology's sake” is not the way we do business at AMD. AMD founder Jerry Sanders has always maintained, “customers should come first, at every stage of a company's activities.”
We believe that our more than four-decade company history bears that out.