- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
DescriptionTufts University is astudent-centered research university that educates approximately 11,500 graduateand undergraduate students, across ten schools.
The Center for theEnhancement of Learning and Teaching (CELT) is a University-wide resource forfaculty and leadership development. It supports faculty in their multiple rolesas teachers, researchers, leaders and members of the Tufts community. TheCenter is a division of the Office of the Provost and is guided by a FacultyAdvisory Board comprised of University faculty and administrators from across Tufts,and representatives from the libraries and Educational Technology Services.CELT supports the Tufts mission across all of the schools by:
- Championing teaching innovation and excellence through intensive faculty programs on teaching innovation, inclusion and assessment, curriculum and course design;
- Writing and managing grants for the department and collaborating on faculty grants (i.e. HHMI, NSF) with an educational component;
- Guiding and informing policy decisions that affect the learning and teaching mission;
- Offering consultations on teaching and promoting the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Providing professional development opportunities for academic leaders.
Reporting to the Director, the Senior Associate Director plays a key role inmanaging the ongoing programming and supervision of staff. They will promoteTufts teaching excellence through working on strategic initiatives, serving onUniversity committees, publishing and presenting CELT work at national andinternational conferences
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. in education, higher education or related discipline
- 5-10 years of progressive leadership in a Teaching Center
- Experience in designing, promoting and evaluating faculty development programming in a research or doctoral granting university
- Knowledge of current and emerging “best practices” in the field of faculty development
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with diverse populations
- A creative and motivated self-starter who will contribute to a strong and highly collaborative team through developing and implementing tested and emerging ideas from the field
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Strong facilitation skills
- Teaching experience at the University level
- Experience with curriculum development
- Experience in leadership and mentoring program development
- SoTL or educational publication record
An employee in this positionmust complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion,or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer –minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Job: Academic Programs
Organization: Ctr for Enhance of Learn&Teach
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Nov 8, 2019, 5:18:45 AM