- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Would you like to join a fast-growing international startup and shape the future of how products are designed, prototyped and manufactured?
Wikifactory is the world’s first social platform for collaborative product development which enables teams to design together, prototype faster, and manufacture smarter. Inspired by the workflows of agile and open source software development, we are building the tools to accelerate the development of (physical) products. Our community includes designers, engineers, makers, technologists, teachers, students and other creative problem solvers. Covering industries, including robotics and drones, electric vehicles, 3d printers, biotech, agri-tech, and smart furniture, our community spread across 130 countries and has published over 1000 open source hardware design projects on the platform.
Headquartered in Hong Kong with offices in Madrid and Shenzhen, Wikifactory is on a mission to connect the productive capacity of smart manufacturing with the creative potential of people through open standards and intuitive interfaces - an "Internet of Production".
You will be playing a lead role in managing and improving our backend infrastructure (currently AWS centric), maintaining and improving our existing backend applications in Python and Golang. You will be responsible for developing new capabilities to enable our users to work together more effectively on improving product designs and specifications as well as manufacture the products they design together.
- Minimum 3 years strong experience building applications in Python and/or Golang.
- Strong computer science knowledge (University not required)
- Knowledge of linux system administration
- AWS or similar cloud computing environment
- Ansible or similar deployment automation tools
- A fascination with digital fabrication technologies or interest in hardware development
- Strong command of English is required
- Documenting, releasing and maintaining open source libraries
- SQLAlchemy, Flask, GraphQL
- PostgresSQL, Dgraph
Interest or Skills in:
- 3D rendering and 3D application development
- Robotics, CNC, g-code, etc.
- Security best practices for web and mobile
About the company