- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 219557
Bechtel Corporation is seeking talented and ambitious Senior Big Data Engineer to join our Big Data and Analytics Center of excellence team. The Big Data team reports to our Corporate Project Controls group which aligns us directly with the project management function of the company.
The successful candidate will be a strategic hire that will help drive the adoption of data science projects into our standard project execution methods and procedures.
Who you are:
- You yearn to be part of groundbreaking projects that work to deliver world-class solutions on schedule
- Someone who is motivated to find opportunity in and develop solutions for evolving challenges, is passionate about their craft, and driven to deliver exceptional results
- You love to learn new technologies and guide engineers to raise the bar on your team
- You are imaginative and engaged about intuitive user interfaces, as well as new/emerging concepts and techniques
- Duties include big data design and analysis, data modeling, and development, deployment, and operations of big data pipelines
- Collaborate with a team of other data engineers, data scientists, and business subject matter experts to process data and prepare data sources
- Mentor other data engineers to develop a world class data engineering team
- Ingest data from many data sources
- Model data to support Data Science Projects
- Work closely with Enterprise Data Architects to implement the essential designed approaches
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, or equivalent degree
- Six years or more of experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and data sets
- In depth experience with a big data cloud platform such as AWS or Azure.
- Strong grasp of programming languages (Python, Scala, or equivalent) and a willingness to learn new ones
- Experience writing database-heavy services or APIs
- Working knowledge of queueing, stream processing, and highly scalable data stores
- Experience working with and supporting cross-functional teams
- Strong understanding of structuring code for testability
- Submit a complete example of clean, documented, and well-tested code
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.