- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing is seeking a highly motivated, creative and digitally-savvy communicator to position Boeing NeXt/Aurora Flight Sciences as the industry leader in autonomy, rapid prototyping and future mobility solutions. This communicator will promote the Aurora team, capabilities and advanced technologies, as well as a portfolio of programs and products with external and internal audiences. Excellent critical thinking, strategic planning and writing skills are a must to support market positioning, messaging and tactical delivery of communications plans. This position will reside in Manassas, VA.
Successful candidates will apply thorough communications knowledge to plan, research, organize, write, produce and disseminate information to worldwide audiences through electronic, social, print, presentation and face-to-face tactics to advance the business strategy and support business objectives.
The candidate will partner with program managers and subject matter experts; collaborate effectively with internal and external partners to advance common communications goals.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Lead the development of strategic approaches to communication plans and branding strategies, ensuring alignment with enterprise messaging, objectives and standards, and effectively mitigating potential conflicts
- Develop social media plans, news releases, statements, response-to-queries, talking points, backgrounders, fact sheets, web-based materials, etc
- Advance internal communications plans to build employee engagement, awareness and support for business priorities
- Manage and plan the promotion of stories to key media and evaluate the merit of media inquiries; cultivate and maintain relationships with media contacts
- Develop, seek and use advanced techniques for internal and external communications and branding to achieve long-term communications and brand/marketing goals
- Measure and analyze communication strategies and tactics to optimize effectiveness
- Collaborate with Advertising, Brand and Marketing teams to promote autonomy and future of mobility products and capabilities
- Prepare program manager and subject matter experts for public speaking and media engagements
- Coordinate across the business and with internal and external stakeholders on campaigns, events and milestone-driven public relations activities, trade shows, etc
The ideal candidate will have a background in employee communications, media relations and digital storytelling; the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; and the ability to team effectively with communicators and other business partners as part of a geographically-dispersed team.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 5+ years' experience with producing, writing and editing multiple communications deliverables such as news releases, statements, RTQs, feature stories, speeches, videos, social media, etc.
- 5+ years' experience creating and implementing strategic communications plans
- 3+ years' experience working in journalism or media relations
- 3+ years' experience partnering with senior executives
- 3+ years' experience in a role that required Project Management skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Communications, Marketing or related field of study
- Aerospace and defense industry experience
- The ability to provide strategic communications counsel
- Experience working across business units and with internal and external stakeholders
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 10 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+8 years' related work experience, 14 years' related work experience, etc.)
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
All information provided will be checked and may be verified
Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date
- ms project
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.