- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Can data really help local businesses around the world thrive?
Are you ready to test your skills using massive amounts of information to make critical business decisions?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a dynamic, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
We have dynamic growth and little room for error, so data plays an integral role in our decision-making process. As we navigate the uncharted waters of local e-commerce, we continue to form new iterations of how we operate as a business. Senior Business Intelligence Analysts are the left-brained wizards working behind the scenes to provide to the business, collaborating and supporting groups across Groupon. By understanding and interpreting data structures and assessing business performance, you will generate objective and actionable short- and long-term recommendations based on hard data.
As a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, you will play a key role in the Global Services Organization (GSO). By working closely with our customer experience teams and supporting overall data analytics for the GSO, you will be tasked with the overseeing a variety of growth initiatives that target our key customer segments. Tactically, you will help frame analysis and results while also partnering with our Reporting & Data Science teams to ensure stakeholders receive the data and insights needed to track and iterate their programs.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and passionate about helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Build data tables, dashboards, and reports to measure the cost and benefit of each customer growth action (i.e. downstream value of customers, lifetime value of an incremental mobile app download, etc.)
- Develop software programs, algorithms, and automated processes to cleanse, integrate, and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources
- Identify meaningful insights from large data sources; interpret and communicate insights and findings from analysis and experiments to partners across the organization
- Enable and empower data consumers to make better informed decisions
- Diagnose, investigate and troubleshoot data quality issues
- Responsible for scoping, creating, sustaining and improving a critical reporting infrastructure using data from different sources
- Translate stakeholder’s requirements into reporting/analytics deliverables and sync up to customize reports for achieving maximum adoption
- Ensure data integrity to deliver accurate reporting to stakeholders in business
- Collaborate with users in Operations, Product, Robotics, Data science and Finance
- Proactively identify report optimization
We're excited about you if you have:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Analytics, Statistics or Mathematics and 5+ years in relevant experience.
- You have an understanding of data warehousing concepts and ability to build and work with data from different sources efficiently
- You have hands-on experience with A/B experimentation design and evaluation
- 2+ years of work experience in Apache hiveand 2+ years of work experience in Hadoop or Amazon Redshift. Hadoop preferred.
- 3+ years of work experience in SQL, Teradata or MS SQL server or MYSQL
- 2+ years work experience with any of the data visualization tools such as Tableau, Microstrategy, Qlikview. Tableau preferred
- You thrive in a fluid and dynamic fast-paced environment, and embrace ambiguity
- You have excellent organizational and analytical skills with precise attention to detail
- You have a meticulous attention to detail and have delivered results while juggling multiple projects
- Problem-solving skills, project management expertise and
About the company
Groupon is a global e-commerce marketplace connecting millions of subscribers with local merchants by offering activities, travel, goods and services in more than 45 countries. Groupon was launched in November 2008, and the first market for Groupon was Chicago, followed soon thereafter by Boston, New York City, and Toronto. By October 2010 Groupon served more than 150 markets[clarification needed] in North America and 100 markets in Europe, Asia, and South America, and had 35 million registered users. By the end of March 2015, Groupon served more than 500 markets worldwide, nearly 48.1 million active customers and featured more than 425,000 active deals globally