- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Leadsworkgroups and/or functions as a technical expert. Collaborates with client and informationtechnology organizations to lead the definition of functional requirements and functionaldesigns of creative solutions that will support the clients’ strategy andfuture business goals. Performs independentresearch to proactively identify and analyze future opportunities and emergingsolutions that could be applied in the clients’ operations to drive improvement.Leverage technical expertise in updatingmulti-year technology roadmaps for clients.Support IT Architecture & Development organization in clarifyingfunctional requirements and functional design during development of solution.
Specifically,this role will provide business analysis activities in support of variousfunctions within Global Operations including, but not limited to, propertybased mobile/digital and guest relations initiatives. Delivering superior mobile and guestexperiences are critical to ensuring guest and associate satisfaction. Thisposition will play a key role in understanding, defining and documenting thefuture of Marriott’s property based initiatives in support of GlobalOperations. Marriott continues to innovate with new thinking aroundunderstanding our guests and associates as well as anticipating theirneeds.
Education and Experience
- 8-10years’ experience in information technology application design or development
- Undergraduatedegree or equivalent experience/certification
- Skilledat converting business needs into technology requirements and working within ITto manage the execution of projects
- Demonstratedability to assess customer/client needs, creatively approach solutions, anddecide and influence appropriate courses of action
- Experienceidentifying and analyzing alternative solutions to complex business requirementsand providing guidance and advice
- Strongcommunication skills, including experience facilitating requirements analysisand functional design working sessions
- Experiencecompleting information technology cost/resource estimates to implement andsupport solutions
- Demonstratedability to work independently and with others
- Excellentanalytical skills where problems are very unusual and extremely difficult
- Experiencewith business process re-engineering
- Demonstratedknowledge of supported discipline
- Strongprocess management, negotiating, influencing, and problem resolution skills
- Broadtechnical experience across technical components including infrastructure,network, applications, data, and information security
- Familiaritywith Marriott’s existing information architecture, application portfolio, andinformation management methodology
- Knowledgeof emerging technologies, including those new to the Marriott environment aswell as those that are new to the information systems industry
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Facilitatesbusiness requirements analysis and functional design work sessions includingcreating business presentations, communications, and documentation
- Lead functional design including demonstrationsto stakeholders to validate approach
- Identifiescreative solutions to business requirements, analyzes the strengths andweaknesses of alternatives, and provides recommendations
- Workswith external vendors and analogous companies to obtain additional insights,approaches, and demonstrations of solutions
- Collaborates with the client organizationincluding business analysts in the client organizations
- Document functional, integration, and testingrequirements as well as SLAs and operating level agreements
- Leadstechnology cost/resource estimates and input to business cases
- Work with the IT Architecture & Developmentorganization during development to address functional requirements andfunctional design clarifications
- Provide expertise and update multi-yeartechnology roadmaps
- Provide expertise to training and field supportgroups as appropriate before new releases go-live
- Identifiesopportunities to enhance the business partnership and planning processes
- Trains and/or mentors other team members, andpeers as appropriate
- Follows all defined technology standards andprocesses (i.e. IT Governance, SM&G, Architecture, etc.), and providesinput for improvements to the appropriate process owners as needed
- Participatesin technical evaluation process when assessing additions or changes to defined technologystandards
- Communication - Conveys information andideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety ofmethods.
- Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps theorganization's vision and values at the forefront of employee decision makingand action.
- Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the changeprocess and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriersor accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change bymaintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencingchallenges.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, andopportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to drawconclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solvesproblems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral stylesthat convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good firstimpression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematicallyevaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positiveresults; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans througheffective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building a Successful Team - Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesiveteam; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the teamon its mission and importance to the organization.
- Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of businessplans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and marketshare through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluationprocesses.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards ofperformance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives;initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward theaccomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what isrequired.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on anunderstanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with thecompany’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees andbusiness partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or culturalperspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhancebusiness results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contributeto their full potential.
- Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employeesand business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included;explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization;influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/ordiscipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, RevenueManagement) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations withgovernment, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectivelyas a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure neededresources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Generating Talent andOrganizational Capability
- Developing Others - Supportsthe development of other’s skills and capabilities so that they can fulfillcurrent or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts thestructure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/orsupport the goals of an organizational unit.
Learning and ApplyingProfessional Expertise
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularlycreates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gainedknowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
- Technical Acumen – Expertly understands andutilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area toconduct and manage everyday business operations, generate innovative solutionsto approach function-specific work challenges, and function as a thought leaderin his or her area of expertise.
- Business Acumen - Understands andutilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generateinnovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required foraccomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardwareand software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internetbrowsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies,or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solvework-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understandsinformation and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentencesand paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively inwriting as appropriate for the needs of the audience.