- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- UNITED STATES
Job PurposeProvide existing and potential customers with a superior and consistent quality service, both directly and in conjunction with GHA. Provide information and system support to customers with regard to rates, details, bookings, connections, regulations and other enquiries and oversee the service from GHA.
- Monitor and oversee the service provided by GHA to ensure it is in line with EK standards, including build instruction, maximisation of available space, load control, safety and ad hoc flight instruction
- Monitor import cargo receipt and breakdown; resolving any related issues
- Prepare and verify accurate cargo documentation, including monitoring of consignment status and ensuring correct documentation is available in accordance with local regulation and company policies
- Update flight handling reports including identification and monitoring of irregularities and discrepancies
- Dispatch post flight information to the correct departments in a timely manner.
- Receive and process cargo telephone reservations in a prompt, accurate and efficient manner
- Resolve customer queries, complaints and claims, including those escalated by Cargo Agents
- Complete administrative duties as directed by the Cargo Supervisor/Officer, including data entry, statistics and reports
- Provide support, guidance and coaching to Cargo Agents
- Provide operational support and cover operational duties as directed by the Cargo Supervisor/Officer e.g. freighterQualifications & ExperienceQualifications:
Educated to at least High School standard or equivalent
A minimum of 3 years’ experience in an Airline / Cargo Operations environment, including at least 2 years as a Cargo Agent (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of Dangerous Goods regulations and ideally hold a DG certificate
- Knowledge of Weight & Balance procedures and Live Animal Regulation
- PC based skills including Microsoft Word/ Excel/ E-mail.
Other job related information:
- Shift pattern
- The job holder is also responsible for adhering to the relevant health and safety requirements and safe working practices applicable to their employment.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hireSalary & BenefitsWe offer our employee's competitive remuneration packages, attractive travel benefits, and career development supported by multi-million dollar training facilities in Dubai, and e-Learning programmes for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the company
The Emirates Group is a vast organisation with manifold business interests in the aviation, travel, tourism and leisure industries. Employing more than 62,000 people across our 50 business units and associated firms, we are one of the biggest employers in the region and offer specialist services spanning almost every aspect of the market.