- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Francisco
As Corporate Counsel at Google, you work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance. You're part of a whip-smart group of in-house lawyers and the projects and cases you take on challenge you to think big and differently. You are collaborative -- ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and work with Googlers from all over the company. As an integrated part of the team, you proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will not only move information into the 21st century, but move information law forward as well.
As a skilled attorney, you will lead our Environmental, Safety and Health (“EH&S”) legal team. You will support, collaborate and guide business partners on environmental regulatory compliance and workplace safety and health compliance requirements for OSHA (federal and state) regulations and will manage support on global matters, as well as be responsible for the creation of a governance framework related to EH&S issues.
20th century laws don't always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you're a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- JD or equivalent legal degree.
- Must be admitted to the bar in which the role is located in and are in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law (e.g., have registered in-house status) in the state in which the role is located.
- 10 years relevant work experience in Environmental, Health and Safety field
- Ability to travel
- Experience working with technology companies and R&D
- Experience with OSHA litigation and compliance
- Support, collaborate and guide business partners on environmental and workplace safety and health compliance requirements
- Create a best in class governance program for the EH&S function
- Provide EH&S specialist advice and subject matter expertise for California, US and Global portfolio (managing external resources as needed)
- Manage outside counsel and vendors on global EH&S issues and create programmatic opportunities to address risk, including training, policies and processes
- Develop relationships with regulatory agencies, defend our practices within appropriate boundaries, and work to influence policy development
About the company
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate