- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Req ID: 33881
Experience Level: Professional
Other Location(s): N/A
Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it's more than that. It's smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you'll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You'll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You'll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you'll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
COVID-19 Hiring: We recognize how challenging it is to start a new role with a new company during this uncertain time. Our HR team and hiring managers are here to support you every step of the way. During the pandemic, we've transitioned to a work-from-home environment until further notice. All of our recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual. We encourage you to discuss Capital Group's response to COVID-19 throughout your recruiting process.
Data Operations is a team within the Capital Group's Integration, Data Engineering and Architecture (IDEA) organization with a focus on defining Capital Group's investment data strategy to establish a comprehensive set of data capabilities. Our Data Operations team is focused on implementing and evolving Capital Group's investment data strategy to enable the full range of business objectives; data for minimizing risk, data for efficient processes, and data for growth and innovation. It also delivers a set of capabilities to source, automate, and curate data assets to enable and enrich core investment and distribution processes, quantitative analytics, reporting and analysis, and advanced analytic efforts such as machine learning and artificial intelligence.
You will play a critical role in building solutions that range from simple to complex reports, data ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) workflows, various applications in multiple technologies, but most importantly, learning new technologies and working with business and IT partners to determine what solution best fits the business need. The ability to learn new technologies and business areas quickly to provide informed guidance to our business partners is essential.
As a Senior Data Engineer based in Los Angeles, you will serve as an investment management data expert with limited supervision, participate in the training and development of other associates, and serve as a positive role model and mentor.
- Provide guidance on defining data requirements within a business unit
- Work with complex data structures and provide innovative ways to solution for complex data delivery requirements
- Contribute to data models and designs for the data warehouse
- Evaluate new and alternative data sources and new integration techniques
- Influence and develop a thorough understanding of standards and best practices used by your team
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Information Technology or other quantitative field
- 6+ years of advanced knowledge and professional quantitative experience (such as business intelligence, reporting, analytics, machine learning, database development), demonstrating the ability to translate business requirements to technical solutions
- Demonstrated experience in leading projects across multiple teams
- Advanced knowledge of technical and functional designs for SQL, databases, ETL, data warehousing, and data modeling
- Experience with data analysis utilizing SQL and technologies such as R, Python, Tableau or Alteryx
- Demonstrated understanding of Hadoop/Spark or other big data solutions
- Demonstrated understanding of Microsoft Azure or other cloud platforms
- Financial services industry experience is a plus
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.7 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
About the company