- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Location: United States:New Jersey : Whippany
Role Value Proposition:
Outstanding growth opportunity exists for a candidate with a finance or investment background to join the growing Derivatives Middle Office. This position, Senior Derivatives Analyst, reports to the Associate Vice President leading the Risk & Analytics group. The Risk & Analytics group provides analytics data and scenario analysis for derivatives and fixed income securities, to various constituents in support of Finance, Trading, Risk Management and Portfolio Management. The individual will work within a team environment to both contribute to and lead certain team initiatives. The position deals directly with the front office, finance, portfolio management, risk management, IT and operations. Responsibilities, given below, are well integrated within a strong group environment.
- Perform market scenario stress testing for partners within finance, risk management, portfolio management, and trading
- Understand existing reporting requirements for risk & analytics customers and future potential needs. Prepare and explain analytics and stress test reports
- Contribute to team effort towards analysis, development and testing of new models and projects in risk and analytics
- Perform daily reconciliation, and profit and loss attribution of derivatives portfolios
- Contribute to expanding capabilities to support growing international business and associated new derivatives products.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and collaborative skills
- Strong tech skills, knowledge of programming
- Knowledge of financial markets, derivatives
- Must be able to work independently
- Experience with Numerix/Murex/BlackRock desired
- 3+ years of experience
- Programming experience (python or Java), Excel, VBA, SQL
- B.S degree in Financial Engineering, Engineering/Physics, Operations Research, Finance, Mathematics or a similar field.
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.