- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior
Role: Backend Developer
Industry: Information Services, Information Technology, Logistics and Supply Chain
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
java, j2ee, spring
Job Definition Preview
The Sr. Applications Developer provides input and support for, and performs full systems life cycle management activities (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.). He/She participates in component and data architecture design, technology planning, and testing for Applications Development (AD) initiatives to meet business requirements. This position provides input to applications development project plans and integrations. He/She collaborates with teams and supports emerging technologies to ensure effective communication and achievement of objectives. This position provides knowledge and support for applications development, integration, and maintenance. He/She provides input to department and project teams on decisions supporting projects.
The Sr. Applications Developer will be responsible for leading development of customer-facing applications used to enable the Digital Channel for UPS customers. Applications include but are not limited to content management, content personalization and targeting, site search, tag management, web analytics and multivariate testing. Substantial, dedicated web application development experience required.
- Expert-level proficiency with Spring, J2EE Development, Java Servlets, Java Programming, XML, HTML, XSL, Webservices, JMS
- Advanced-level proficiency with SQL Language, SQL Programming, HTML, Java Beans, Internet Development Architecture & Design, SQL & PL/SQL, Apache, Tomcat, LINUX
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field or the equivalent in education and work experience.
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer
- Now or in the future UPS employment sponsorship, such as H1B, TN, J-1, F-1, etc., is not needed in order to start or continue temporary or permanent employment with UPS.
- Must have 2-5 years of J2EE development experience
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law