- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
JOB DESCRIPTION:Responsibilities Include:
Portfolio and Product Lifecycle Management
- Partner with APOC Leadership Team to define the APOC vision and strategy
- Align product portfolio with APOC vision and strategy by identifying gaps and defining the innovation roadmap to fill gaps
- Partner with R&D, Clinical Affairs, Regulatory, Quality and Operations to ensure product development resources are aligned with APOC’s portfolio strategy and product lifecycle roadmap
- Implement Portfolio Management Process discipline—including globalization of portfolio, lifecycle management, and operational initiatives—to improve value to customer, cost, quality, and profitability
- Maintain formal product portfolio strategy, product lifecycle roadmap, and New Product Introduction schedule (to serve as an input to monthly Integrated Business Planning process)
Market and Competitive Insights
- Execute research to generate customer insights regarding unmet needs, identify market and technology trends, uncover significant growth opportunities and inform product portfolio decisions
- Conduct research to aid in definition of customer and product requirements
- Inform commercial launch strategy by executing research to aid in definition of value proposition, product positioning, branding, messaging, claims, pricing, advertising campaign concepts, and sales tool effectiveness
- Conduct research to assess commercial effectiveness, including quarterly Voice of the Customer, sales message recall, etc.
- Maintain global market forecast by Area/Country and market segment (e.g., Blood Gas, Chemistry, Immunoassay, Coagulation, etc.)
- Establish processes to collect and report competitive intelligence on a monthly basis
- Establish a robust pipeline of incremental and disruptive product, service and business model innovations that a) align with APOC global product portfolio strategy, b) address unmet customer needs, c) create sustainable competitive advantage, and d) generate sustainable double-digit sales and margin growth
- Utilize customer insights regarding unmet needs to define new product concepts
- Lead and leverage Global Market Insights capability to validate/refine concepts with customers; utilize finalized product concepts to define minimum viable product requirements
- Develop business cases—including technology assessment, target market assessment, DCF/ROI forecast, minimum viable product requirements—and present as part of NPI Phase 0 stage gate review
- Define a framework to guide the prioritization and resourcing of on-market and new product initiatives
Brand and Product Management
- Serve as Global Brand Steward, defining APOC’s global brand identity, positioning, messaging and core creative; ensure consistent execution across Areas, Countries
- Provide commercial leadership to cross-functional product development teams throughout product development process
- Drive definition of product strategy for targeted market segments (e.g., Emergency Department, Cardiovascular Operating Room, Intensive Care Unit, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Cath Lab, Respiratory Therapy, Outpatient, et. Al.)
- Support the development, integration and translation of customer insights to identify product differentiation; partner with Market Access, Medical Affairs and Market insights to differentiate products with a compelling value proposition that is supported by clinical claims and evidence
- Solicit input from Areas/Countries regarding launch toolkit requirements, and partner with Agency of Record to develop global launch toolkit; toolkit to include value proposition, positioning, messaging, claims, advertising campaign, medical communication and education, and sales tools
- Provide guidance to Areas/Countries on commercial launch strategies; synthesize best practices and disseminate across Areas/Countries
- Serve as a product knowledge expert resource for Areas and Countries
- Define global market access and pricing strategy for APOC product portfolio
- Partner with Medical Affairs to define clinical evidence required to achieve reimbursement for new products
- Lead development of core value dossier, including pharmacoeconomic and budget impact models
- Support key countries in definition and execution of market access strategy
- Partner with Global Brand and Product Management Team, Medical Affairs and Areas/Countries to define Stakeholder Engagement and Advocacy Plans, develop new markets and generate advocacy for reimbursement
- Build strong working relationships with Areas and Countries
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.